Any Hunters Own Semi-Autos? Better Read This...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Well I'm a hunter that hunts with a semi auto. Take make matters worse both are ARs, .300blk and .308. Over the past 3 years I have harvested a total of 7 deer with these 2 rifles. In that time neither of those rifles (or even my 5.56) have harmed, assaulted, or killed anyone. They stay in the safe and are brought out to either go to the range or in the woods. I guess I'm screwed since Cuomo said no one hunts with AR15s....wtf does he know?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Many years ago I trained on Willy Fudds (WF-2's) . Does that count? :o Older than me farts will remember it......

E-1B_VAW-121_CVW-6_CVA-42.jpg

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Well I'm a hunter that hunts with a semi auto. Take make matters worse both are ARs, .300blk and .308. Over the past 3 years I have harvested a total of 7 deer with these 2 rifles. In that time neither of those rifles (or even my 5.56) have harmed, assaulted, or killed anyone. They stay in the safe and are brought out to either go to the range or in the woods. I guess I'm screwed since Cuomo said no one hunts with AR15s....wtf does he know?

Send an email to your representatives, with a pic of you, a deer, and your rifle - and tell him that since Governor O'Malley specifically stated that hunter's rifles would not be affected by an AWB, you demand that your rifles are not included in any proposed legislation.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Send an email to your representatives, with a pic of you, a deer, and your rifle - and tell him that since Governor O'Malley specifically stated that hunter's rifles would not be affected by an AWB, you demand that your rifles are not included in any proposed legislation.

Good idea

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Everything I own is Muzzleloaders, single shots, and pumps. Never had a reason to own a semi-auto shotgun, but, sure would like to have one at times. Just have not found a reason to invest yet.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    My semi-auto shotgun is awesome for crow hunting. I use a bolt action for deer and hogs, as well as a single shot slug gun, muzzle loader, crossbow, and compound bow. Folks can call me a fudd if they want to, but I personally think we should be allowed to own machine guns w/o restrictions.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    It's a simple rule of creeping incrementalism. As it relates to firearms with these people the rule goes as follows:

Ten => Seven => One => None

They cannot take away 2A until they can do it safely. So they reduce you to 10 round magazines. Then they drop it to 7 (hello NY). Finally, when the next lunatic does something crazy with multiple 7 round mags, they reduce it to 1 round. Somewhere in there they start criminalizing everything to do with ammo and the guns you already have. When you are caught in various low-end dragnets like tickets at the range or shooting a rifle that you didn't have 'registered' you become a criminal, thus opening your home to search and seizure. Once you are in NY and get a ticket for having an overcapacity magazine you are 'in the system' and sometime thereafter you get a friendly call from the local PD and they remove all your firearms. Who's gonna argue that? You broke the law buddy!

Finally it's an easy and safe jump to reduce it to none (only Military and Law Enforcement should have guns). It wasn't done in other countries because they didn't have 2A. Historically, they just jumped to none.

Not complicated at all...

<end tinfoil hat rant>

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    3 1/2" Turkey and Goose loads are a lot more comfortable and follow ups are effortless.

I can only take your word for it my friend. I simply have been doing it so long there's no need to change. My shotshell reloads also get the job done more than enough. However, if I did find a decent semi at a good price, I might jump, but, I have no interest in going out to buy one though, it would have to fall in front of me first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom