Any Great Long Range Rifle Courses Around Here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I apologize in advance, but my search function is dain bramaged tonight.

I want to start shooting long distance rifles again. My dad, who was a "Rifle Expert" in the USMC taught me some stuff as a teen, but I've forgotten so much and my eyes at 44 are not what they were. I'm looking for a class where they will explain shooting positions, the finer points of reticle operation, mil-dots, and etc.. I don't want to travel too far, but I was thinking that Peacemaker would have something along those lines.

I'll probably use my LWRC REPR 20in (.308) and/or my Remington 700 Sendero SFII in 300 Win Mag, assuming I buy back the latter rifle that I never should have sold.

Thanks in advance.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    First choice Ed Shell .

Second, both MDS'ers and some gun 'zines have had positive reviews of Storm Mtn training center, in WV near Md border.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    You do have quite a few "local" choices:

Tom Perroni (CCJA) conducts long range courses and all manner of firearms training in Fredericksburg, VA.
    Dan Newberry at Bang Steel is an excellent rifle instructor, not far from Roanoke, VA.
    Storm Mountain in WV has been around a long time and also does long range classes.
    Peacemaker International out near Winchester, VA (but in WV) offers long range training too.

There may be others...

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    If I had a choice to pick, hands down Ed is my #1 choice. His knowledge base is HUGE and he can dumb it down so even I could understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom