• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagtail

Oct 13, 2010
    Garrett county.Md
    Thinking about getting a cmmg Gemtec fake suppressior for the unit.. Not many reviews on web.One chap said it was quite heavy,and he returned it. Someone else liked the wow factor. I'm leaning toward the "If it ain't broke,
    leave the bloody thing alone!".
    Best to the group.
    Wagtail.
    Bud

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Does the fake supressor make the PS90 look like the real SBR version that the SS uses? Or does it add another 9 inches to the over all length?

wagtail

Oct 13, 2010
    Garrett county.Md
    Look at a photo of the GSG-5. It fits over the existing barrel. I took my PS-90 out and put my thinking cap on..****The 90 has a flash hider on it.So a lot of yuk goes out the slots when she is fired. Would think that mite screw up the inside of the can rather quickly?
    THe GSG-5 does not have a flash supp,just a plain barrel. So no problems.
    Guys,help me on this. Does above make sense?****
    Wagtail.
    Bud

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I picked up my PS90 from Accurate Pawn & Tackle, I saw a Gemtech fake can there, stop by and check it out before you buy one.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Just because it's worth it doesn't mean it's affordable. I would imagine it would be closer to 1.5k all said and done.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Alright Brad.. I heard you man.

my Two cents....

Supressing the PS90 aint worth crap. It looks good, but not in terms of function. Why?

the Barrel of the PS90 moves slightly backwards and that is required for reliable function. Adding a fake/ real can may screw up functionality/ reliability. It will also mess up timing.

Since the PS 90 is a straight blowback gun.. nothing locks. Timing is everything. you really do not want to mess with that.

Short barrels are okay with the 5.7 round.... But the PS90's longer barrel can make the little 5.7 a good performer. Long barrels equates to better velocity, that turns into better ballistics. the little 5.7 can be as effective as a 5.56 from a 10" AR. but half the recoil and No muzzle blast. The Noise levels are also better, especially when fired indoors.

Suppressing a supersonic round isnt really gratifying. It will make your PS 90 sound like a 22LR.Cant do shXt about the supersonic crack, subsonic stuff is anemic and causes timing issues. Why give the little carbine an inferiority complex? Nothing scares a badguy than Rapid loud Kablams and a cluster of little 5.7 hollowpoint sizzling towards minute of intruder at 2500fps.

If you really want to GO suppressed SBR... hey, go for it...I did.

Barrel work(SBR conversions) can be done by TROS,Tornado tech or hi-desert dog. Replacement barrels to cut it down to P90 PDW specs is available from CMMG. Any 5.56 can will work with the 5.7, as well as some of the beefier 22LR cans.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    There is subsonic 5.7 ammo out there. I haven't heard much about it but I've heard it does exist.

As for cans, just get a 22Sparrow or Spectre. They're both rated for the 5.7 round and you could also use them on rimfire hosts. They're easy to clean and great performers.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    There is subsonic 5.7 ammo out there. I haven't heard much about it but I've heard it does exist.

As for cans, just get a 22Sparrow or Spectre. They're both rated for the 5.7 round and you could also use them on rimfire hosts. They're easy to clean and great performers.

elite ammo makes subsonic ammo.
    The good stuff from FN is restricted to LE and Military use only

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    elite ammo makes subsonic ammo.
    The good stuff from FN is restricted to LE and Military use only

So just what have you got hidden then SCAR??? :innocent0

PS90 is on my list of 'Yet to fire', at least I finally got the M1 Garand off that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom