• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    Buying a used handgun and need something between Baltimore and Rockville as a meeting place. Not an MSP barrack either, we'd need to leave the gun there for later retrieval.

TIA

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    You may want to check out On Target. Not in Columbia but Odenton is a decent halfway point for Baltimore/Rockville. Another good halfway point might be the Gun Rack in Burtonsville. Right out 28 for the Rockville guy and right down 95 to 198 for the Baltimore guy

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    2nd Jessup Pawn. John has been a good guy to deal with.

There is also the Gun Rack at Burtonsville, near Rt-198 x Rt-29

Springs

Jul 2, 2009
    Went to On Target this weekend and the weapon I was looking for was about 15% more expensive (Before $70 in tax) then the online price I was looking at. Someone greeted me quickly and took me right over to the case.
    Let me paw the weapon.
    Told him I would take it.
    Sat and watched the video.
    Did the computer based paper work.
    Filled out all the hard paper work.
    Counter guy explained that they needed 25% and I pulled out my CC.
    Cousin is there talking to another guy about carry permits in FL.
    Cousin said... "Let me take care of that." And pulled his wallet.
    (Ohh S%^!)
    Counter guy asked why he wanted to pay for me.
    I told counter guy "He does owe me a few bucks." ( I don't think Steph ever stated that he is family and not someone looking for a straw purchase. Or that he owned 2 HKs and is a former Naval Officer.)
    But I was more then willing to "just put it on my CC."
    Counter guy tries to tell my cousin that "He has to pay for it if its for him."
    Cousin asks if there is an ATM.
    Look on the counter guys face says it all. "I can't complete the sale."

Manager comes out of the back and explains to me that they are not going to loose there FFL over me. He is very polite and apologizes for the waste of every ones' time. I tell him that "I am not annoyed or upset with him in the slightest." If they get a bad feeling, they don't make the sale. NO PROBLEM AT ALL. He assured me that all my materials were going in the shredder. And that I could retake the video course or do it online. (Counter guy showed me a card that said I had taken the course, and that I could not take it again, and needed said card to by a weapon.)

If Steph had maybe explained that he was my Cousin. Or that he was in the service. Or that he owned 2 weapons from when he was in the service. Maybe I would not have been, asked to "leave NOW."

Didn't even get to use the range.:sad20:

As I did the walk of shame out the door I hear the sales guy asking. "Whats up with that? I thought he was good."

Guess I will try and get hold of PDI.

Ohh and we stopped at Bass Pros. Got a salesman named Clayton was a BIG TIME HK GUY! Had no problem with my cousin there. Recognized that I was going to be with an "avid shooter." He looked up the price of the HK45 and it was 6% more then On Target... BUT. It would need to transfer from NY and it might be a different price. I will not find that out till it shows and they call.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Springs, 10-20 years back what happened would not have been an issue. In today's world, it is an issue. BTW, the fact that your cousin was in the military makes no difference at all. Sorry. (BTW, there ARE criminals in the US military.)

If you took the training class they should have given the card to you. BTW, I have been told by the state agency running the training program that I could take the class again.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    your cousin cannot pay for the weapon only you are your wife could have as it has been explained ot me .. otherwise it can be seen as a straw purchase ..

Ihave a feeling that someoen might argue this point but as they say its the ffl who is going to get it in the end .

Springs

Jul 2, 2009
    I think Steph's line of thought was... He was going to pay for range time today. "Can I just put the deposit on the same card."

Like I said...

I have no problem what so ever with how On Target handled it. Just means that I have to purchase somewhere else. Hopefully they would let me use the range when I do get my HK45.

Colada

Sep 15, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    That's harsh making you leave. I mean if you didn't actually make the purchase, what's the harm? Did they think you'd go psycho and shoot someone over the disappointment? Interesting... Good luck getting back in.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wifes are not cool either. One time ( at a different establishment where I was semi regular, and known to they) I just went so far as " hey ( wife name) , come look at this ! Then neither one of us could purchase anything that day. Didn't matter that both of us could whip out our "cards", or that I was regular purchaser.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Shops are really sensitive to that kind of thing and I've seen incidents occur at On Target that went something like this:

Man and woman walk in together.
    Man: "My wife wants to buy a gun"
    Employee to wife: "What kind of gun do you want?"
    Man: "She wants a .40".
    Employee to wife: "Is that what you want?"
    Man: "Yeah, that's definitely what she wants"
    Employee to wife: "Semi auto then?"
    Wife: "Yeah, I guess"
    Man: "Yeah, all .40s are semi auto, right?"
    Employee to wife: "Any thoughts on brands?"
    Man: "She wants a Glock or a Springfield"

etc, etc, etc.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Dealer Name: 2 A Sales & Supplies

Storefront: Yes
    Address:
    8610 Washington Blvd
    Suite 211-B
    Jessup, MD 20794

Phone Number: 240-456-0060

Hours of Operation:
    Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri - 12pm-8pm
    Sat- 10:30am-4pm
    (Closed Sunday & Tuesday)

Forum Username: 2ASales&Supplies

FFL: Yes
    Class 3: Yes

Transfer Fees: 25.00 non regulated, 40.00 regulated (please see MDShooters discount below)

How do you handle regulated firearm transfers after completion of the 7 day wait if the MSP paperwork has not come back: We will complete a transaction after 8 days and no response, but we do not reccomend it due to risk of confiscation of firearm.

Benefit(s) offered to members of Maryland Shooters:
    Non-regulated transfers are $20.00 and regulated are $35.00

Additional Info: We offer great discounts to our law enforcement and military friends, as well as the best pricing on special orders!

Here's a new place in or around Columbia, MD.

Rough_Rider

Oct 31, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    Here's a new place in or around Columbia, MD.

A few weeks ago at the Howard County Fairgrounds Gun Show these guys were passing out flyers in the parking lot for their new shop. I talked to the guy for a few minutes and told him about the MDShooters web site. I don't know if he joined or not.

Has anyone been there yet and checked them out?

safe@home

Feb 5, 2009
    Howard County
    2A Sales & Supply:

Great location off of RT 1 & 32, they are tucked in back of the strip center. Great guys, easy goin. I bought a MSAR E4. Its SWEEEEEET!!! I would give them a call or stop by.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom