• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Let's see if there's still some interest here for a trip... Airfares are on the low side right now and I think for 5 people to go, we could do a shared expense trip for about 625-750 per person including airfare, transportation, accommodations.

Looking at 4 day defensive handgun class Fri. Mar. 7 - Mon. Mar. 10 or Tue. the 11th if you want to do the 30 state CCW class, which includes Utah.

Let's get the discussion going in here... if you're definitely interested, send me a PM...

Interested and I know some one else was looking to set something up so i will follow up with him and make sure he sees this...

sharkpa

Jul 14, 2012
    Front Sight trip Thur. Mar. 27 - Mon. Mar 31 or Tue. Apr 1

*** Dates: May 1st - 5th -- see new thread in "Training": http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=145883 ***

Okay... here's some details, dates, etc.. Brooklyn and defygravity sound interested. Brooklyn and I know another person who is good maybe. I have two additional people I may be able to recruit.

Airfare is the biggest cost factor and Southwest from BWI is the best way to go in my opinion. Airfare as of half an hour ago is $350 roundtrip departing BWI Thursday afternoon at 3:30 and returning home on a red-eye flight on either Tues, Apr 1 at 6:30am or Wed. Apr 2nd at 6:30am.

Accommodations would be a large 4 bedroom private house that can accommodate 8 people There are 4 bedrooms, so If any couples are interested, it works better. Cost for the house is approx $750-800. Shared by 5 people is $150-160 each.

Transportation would be a minivan rental out of Vegas, we would drive as a group out to the house in Pahrump, getting in a little on the late side on Thurs. We would commute daily to Front Sight 20 minutes each way. Rental is about $425 (including loss damage waiver), plus gas, about $500 total. If we would have more than 5 in our group, a second vehicle (and driver) would be needed.

Training - if you're a member, you've already paid for it. If not, I can provide you a lifetime membership or training certificate, PM me for details, Brooklyn is also a member and might be able to provide a membership. Front Sight charges a $50 background check fee that's good for the calendar year, you'll also need a completed application for training.

I highly recommend taking your own gun with you, travelling by air with firearms is pretty straightforward, I've done it half a dozen times. They have to go in checked luggage. Flying Southwest gives you two free checked bags, so no extra cost there.

Front Sight also offers rental gun packages that include gun of choice; 1911, Glock (17, 21 or 22) or XD (in 9, 40 or 45), 3 mags, holster, mag holsters, belt, and blue gun.

So, reply or PM if you're interested... When replying, don't quote this whole message, it will save us all some space on the thread. If you want to do this, need to get a commitment in the next few days to snag the airfare at the lowest point.

-sharkpa

Last edited:

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Hey guys, a family emergency came up, so I dont think we'll be able to make it this time. Please advertise these trips I. The future though, we've always been looking to go to one!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

sharkpa

Jul 14, 2012
    defygravity - hope all works out okay at home... if situation improves, airfare may still be reasonable for another week and a half or so...

Targeting Sept / Oct timeframe for the next one...

-sharkpa

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom