Any AR 350 Legend Hunters/Shooters out there? Need opinions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    Looking to purchase an AR platform rifle in 350 Legend mostly for whitetail hunting (next year). Anyone have experience with Ruger/CMMG/Springfield? Any input and opinions are appreciated.

billyclay

Oct 7, 2018
    lusby md
    Had one built at local gun shop aero precision upper and lower ballistic advantage 18 inch barrel.took 3 deer this season using Horn 165 grain flex tip . one At 167 yards shoots sub moa groups at 100 yards(s and s Guns) really good people

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I built mine up from assorted manufacturers. Shoots very well but was not able to pull the trigger on anything but paper yet. It’s ballistics aren’t what Im used to so I made a print out for the buffer tube. I also added a primal can.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I've seen a few posts here that their AR 350 Legends are fancy single shots. Not being a bottleneck cartridge led to feed problems. I've had a few instances with bolt action guns too. Meanwhile, many others here have no problems and love them. So do what you're doing, do your homework. IMO the 350 Legend is a great deer cartridge making slug guns obsolete.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    I took my AR pistol and rebuilt it into a .350 Legend rifle shortly after I heard that MD was one of the states who now allow straight walled rifle cartridges for deer in previously shotgun only counties. I used a Wilson barrel and AeroPrecision upper and lower. For paper, I have been loading mine up with 125 gr. RN ball bullets with Lil Gun. The only issue I have run into is, the recommended overall length is 2.060", and at that length, mine doesn't feed reliably. At 2.100", it works just fine. I have also loaded some Hornady 170 gr. and they work great and look like a good deer load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom