• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I spent several minutes looking those derringers over. Very impressive. IIRC, their cheap stuff started at $2K and prices went way, way up from there.

I agree entirely regarding prices. It's not that prices were out of line. It's that there were way too many "prince and princess" pieces priced from $3K to the moon, especially the $10K to $30K range. The type of pricing that immediately eliminates 99% of potential buyers, if not because buyers cannot afford it, then because buyers are leery of spending so much on a gun from a dealer they've never seen before and might never see again.

Walleyeco

Feb 10, 2013
    St. Mary's
    The show has changed over the last 2 years. Lots more overpriced WW II stuff this year. Some of the post 1898 rifles were in good condition, most weren't--but it was all overpriced IMO. As usual there were many Civil War and earlier long rifles/flintlocks/swords/etc..if you can afford them. The dealer prices at this show have always been on the high end, but it's a great place to learn and buy if so inclined. I didn't see much buying going on though. As usual, most of the buying/trading goes on before the public is allowed in.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I scored a really nice condition Manufrance Ideal Grade 2 12 gauge shotgun with the internal sling in good shape as well and sold an LC Smith.
    Stuff was selling it just had to be priced right and find the right buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom