• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    18", Black, $1750. One arrived today, more are on the way. Still have the FDE Tavors on backorder, but they should be along soon.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Are Tavor's and bullpups in general for that matter legal to purchase for MD residents ???

Yes, tavors are legal for sale in MD as long as they are comply with the OAL requirement of 29". We add a muzzle break to make them MD legal. As far as other bullpups are concerned, some were banned specifically by name (AUG, FAMAS), others would be legal for sale as long as they are long enough.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Could you post a pic of the MD legal configuration with muzzle brake? I'm assuming you add the brake to the 18" version to make it legal?

Thank you

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Here are two of the 16" models with the MSI flash hider installed. The 18" models only need about 1/4" to meet 29" OAL, I've been using one of YHM's flash hiders but I don't have any pics at the moment.

Attachments

• tavors.jpg
      tavors.jpg
      100 KB · Views: 594

rockstarartist

I shoot like an android
    May 3, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Are those muzzle devices pinned, welded, loctite, or just screwed on?

If the latter two, I may be persuaded to swing by and spend my hard earned money. Basically, I plan on getting an AAC flash-hider, and then attaching a suppressor to meet OAL. Yay, perfect CQB home defence weapon!

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Are those muzzle devices pinned, welded, loctite, or just screwed on?

If the latter two, I may be persuaded to swing by and spend my hard earned money. Basically, I plan on getting an AAC flash-hider, and then attaching a suppressor to meet OAL. Yay, perfect CQB home defence weapon!

They are just screwed on. I stock AAC flash hiders as well.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They are just screwed on.
    So, this is fascinating. We were having a discussion in the NFA forum about this issue, and the thought was that you needed to perma-attach it because that's how the BATFE measures OAL. Did you get different guidance from the MSP?

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    So, this is fascinating. We were having a discussion in the NFA forum about this issue, and the thought was that you needed to perma-attach it because that's how the BATFE measures OAL. Did you get different guidance from the MSP?

I though BATFE measured BARREL length to the end of barrel or welded on barrel device but OAL was measured from extended stock to screwed on barrel device. And MSP said something to the effect of they were following BATFEs guidance...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I though BATFE measured BARREL length to the end of barrel or welded on barrel device but OAL was measured from extended stock to screwed on barrel device. And MSP said something to the effect of they were following BATFEs guidance...
    That is not an accurate description of the procedure the BATFE uses for OAL. I'm not trying to call out Duffy's on this, quite the opposite: I was hoping they had been told something else by the MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom