• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Other states woo Maryland's gun manufacturers
    Beretta USA contends gun control proposal may force it to leave

Needs LOTS of comments, especially for THIS ...

Several Prince George's senators said the economic impact of losing Beretta did not weigh heavily as they considered the broader legislation that also aims at preventing straw purchases of handguns and tightening restrictions preventing some people with mental illnesses from buying guns.

"I didn't really look at it in terms of an economic development issue," said Sen. Douglas J.J. Peters, a Democrat and chair of the county's Senate delegation. "It was an issue of keeping firearms away from people who shouldn't have them. There's always going to be secondary effects of legislation, and they're going to have to make a business decision."

Sen. Victor Ramirez, also a Democrat, said he thought the county offered Beretta a great site and that he hadn't heard any complaints from the company until this legislation. "I think that's the risk that you take," he said. "The payoff is that we hope that we prevent tragedies from happening."

However, Chairman Vallario deserves our support ...

The House Judiciary Committee will consider the proposal next. Chairman Joseph Vallario said he "absolutely" takes seriously the threat of losing hundreds manufacturing jobs in a rural area.

"I am extremely concerned," said Vallario, a Democrat whose district also includes Accokeek. "I taking into consideration everything — the fact that they have been a company that has produced jobs and income and taxes for a great number years in the state of Maryland. We do not want to lose them."

And, can someone SLAM this DB who commented ...

weresq21 at 12:41 PM March 09, 2013
    See ya! Don't let the door hit the millions of guns up your arse on the way out!

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD
    I hope Beretta doesn’t get cold feet. The politicians in Maryland need to suffer as a result of this decision. Especially since the factory is in Miller’s and Vallario’s districts!

Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    Is it just me or do most of the delegates quoted in the article seem to HOPE that Beretta leaves?

I was thinking the same thing. Either they really don't get it, or O'Malley has promised to cover their butts if they vote his way.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    OweMalley has cabinet positions or some other cushy job lined up for all of them if he gets POTUS. If they don't vote for it they will have hell to pay with him until he's gone.

mig201

Jan 26, 2013
    Bowie
    PG Senators

I live in PG in Peters district. He won't even respond to his constituents that disagree with him, of course none of my reps will. Sent a letter to the local paper about the lack of response. I'm curious if they will print it

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    I live in PG in Peters district. He won't even respond to his constituents that disagree with him, of course none of my reps will. Sent a letter to the local paper about the lack of response. I'm curious if they will print it

I do hope they print it. I'm not sure if he would even care. He has been in office for a while now and his stance on this issue was different in the beginning. I'm in his district too. I called his office not long ago and asked his aid if she could tell me what his stance is on SB281 and HB294. Her reply was that he was waiting to hear from his constituents to decide. I did not believe that for one minute. What is sadder is he has obviously changed his views from his initial campaign. The following article has his answers to several questions, specifically the following quote from the website link below:

"Do you believe Maryland’s gun control laws are too strict, not strict enough or just right?

We need to enforce the laws on the books before proposing any new laws."

1 http://ww2.gazette.net/stories/080106/prinele120105_31911.shtml

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Got him
    Can someone hit me with some thumbs up on the Sunpapers comments? I clicked the thumb for all the other Pro 2A comments. I spent a lot of time typing and don't see no love. :sad20:

Done. There must be a lot of us there, the pro-2A posts are all way up, and there's only 1 or 2 dweebs.

edinsomd

Jan 23, 2010
    I'll be sad to see them go, but completely support their decision if they choose to do so.

One interweb credit to the first member who ID's my avatar...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    **** PG county. If Beretta doesn't move I'm going to be furious.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom