• ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Friggin guy shoots at them and only get a 1K fine, L-N-L

Read & React: Anti-Hunter Shoots at Wisconsin Duck Hunters
    by Dylan Polk • October 25, 2013 •

We’ve made no bones about our deep-seated loathing for radical animal rights activists in the past—particularly those nuts at PETA who are willing to endanger others. We don’t mind a calm discussion with those across the aisle, but there comes a point when enough is enough.

While we often try to reasonably defend our position to antis who accuse us of murder, a recent news story demonstrates their incoherent hypocrisy. It’s one thing to make your case with sanity and reason; it’s another thing to break the law—and jeopardize the lives of people—just because you have a different opinion.

The latest news story typifies this brand of violent anti-hunter, which comes straight from America’s Dairyland. According to KSTP-TV in St. Paul, Minn., two Wisconsin duck hunters on private land literally came under fire from a man apparently enraged that the hunters had been shooting ducks.

http://www.wildfowlmag.com/wisconsin-duck-hunters-shot-animal-rights-nut.html

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Breaking hunter harassment & other laws aside, one guy turning a .410 on two other guys presumably with larger weapons useful for ducks would mean that he's outnumbered and presumably out gunned.

That's kind of DUMB IMHO. REALLY DUMB.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Breaking hunter harassment & other laws aside, one guy turning a .410 on two other guys presumably with larger weapons useful for ducks would mean that he's outnumbered and presumably out gunned.

That's kind of DUMB IMHO. REALLY DUMB.

Yeah but the hunters were fish in a barrel sitting in a canoe in the middle of a marsh while the whackjob* fires at them from cover on land.

*whose only justification for his actions is that he's an "animal lah-ver and a bird lah-ver" and hunters legally hunting ducks on private land WITH the land-owner's permission "made him mad" :rolleyes:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    they should have shot him dead, unfortunately they probably only had steel bird shot in their guns.

Maybe keep some slugs in your pocket for emergencies

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I've noticed that some members of this forum endorse vehement anti-hunting principles. I pray that none of them are senseless enough to try this level of @sshattery.

Section 10-422(b) of the Natural Resources Article, Annotated Code of Maryland- “Interference with Hunters:”Prohibited Acts—While on private land that is owned by another person or in a hunting area on land managed by DNR, a person may not: (1) Interfere intentionally with the lawful taking of wildlife by another person; or (2) Harass, drive, or disturb any game animal intentionally for the purpose of disrupting a lawful hunt.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    If they had returned fire, I'm afraid they would have lost their guns and still be sitting in jail. Glad cooler heads pervailed.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Unfortunately, there is a lot of asshatery surrounding hunting.

Case in point: I gave up deer hunting years ago. The last time I went, I'm sitting in a deer stand on land our family owned. Along comes an asshat from The City, tromping through the woods like he owned it, and with all the finesse of a herd of buffalo. When he got right under my blind, I surprised him by yelling down he was on private property. I swear he almost fired his gun in shock. He then says he had permission from the owner to be there. I tell him I'm the owner, and he didn't. He then chuckles and says he'll just wander over in this direction, and off he goes deeper into the property. The good news is, his tromping around flushed a big buck, who circled him and walked right into me. That was the last buck I shot, or am likely to shoot.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD

Case in point: I gave up deer hunting years ago. The last time I went, I'm sitting in a deer stand on land our family owned. Along comes an asshat from The City, tromping through the woods like he owned it, and with all the finesse of a herd of buffalo. When he got right under my blind, I surprised him by yelling down he was on private property. I swear he almost fired his gun in shock. He then says he had permission from the owner to be there. I tell him I'm the owner, and he didn't. He then chuckles and says he'll just wander over in this direction, and off he goes deeper into the property. The good news is, his tromping around flushed a big buck, who circled him and walked right into me. That was the last buck I shot, or am likely to shoot.

should have tased him

'Don't taze me bro!'

CPT_Ethanolic

Sep 18, 2013

I take my dog for walks out in the hills in Frederick where people deer hunt. I don't go out there when hunters are out. Too many trigger happy jack asses shooting at anything that moves.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    they should have shot him dead, unfortunately they probably only had steel bird shot in their guns.

Maybe keep some slugs in your pocket for emergencies

They make non-toxic waterfowl loads that are heavier than lead called Hevi-Shot. $3 a shell, but they can knock the crap out of waterfowl. I have killed ducks and geese with them out to 60 yards easy. I hit a mallard 60 yards straight overhead with #4 Hevi-Shot the first time I used it and it came down dead. That doesn't happen with steel and that is what sold me on the stuff. My third shot on geese is Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote #T shot. Pretty sure that would do a number on a human at 50 yards, maybe even more.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo

I would have said "ok I'll let DNR know that's where you'll be so they can pick you up."

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    I definitely CCW when hunting or fishing. There are any number of scenarios where having a handgun would be useful.

As they say "You never need a gun until you really really need one."

1obxnut

Aug 21, 2013
    Silver Spring, MoCo
    Question is, who had the authority? DNR or local sheriffs? I vote for DNR as they would know the severity of the situation and did a full press of the charges. Whereas the sheriffs dept apparently gave him a slap on the wrist.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I think if they shot back, they would go to jail.
    Certainly, in MD. Maybe not so much in Wisconsin.
    The old guy said he shot into the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom