• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    The round pictured is one that was chambered that I racked out when preparing to transport the gun. It is a Winchester White Box 9mm. Prior to this, I had two incidents while shooting the same gun where the round didn't make it in to the chamber, crushed the round just like the one pictured, and I had to use a great deal of force to extract it. Both of those jams were with Federal 115gr 9mm. When the two jams took place with the Federal, I chalked it up to the ammo. Now that it's done it with a Win. round, I have to think it's the gun. Any thoughts?

Bullet.jpg

tholmes721

Jul 13, 2012
    I remember hearing that the feed on some Glock barrel's could stand for a little smoothing out, check out this video on the Glock armorer's course (http://youtu.be/E4AL3nXOxGw) and go to the 2:25 minute mark where he talks about this.

Not sure if it will help but the picture you posted sounds like exactly what he talks about

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Magazine is sitting too low, Locking Block is Broken (Not allowing the Barrel to drop completely), ramp or throat is screwed up, or there is something seriously wrong with your barrel or frame causing out of spec feed geometry.

Impossible to diagnose online. Best way to isolate the problem is to try your slide/barrel on another frame and test. If you dont have that option then take it to a good smith or send it back to glock.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wow, that's a F'ed up round - one of two options, Funsmith, or back to Glock.

I would not want to try and fix that myself, very little to get right, and a whole lot to F up.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Thanks for the replies gents. This is the same gun I had to send back for an ejection issue when I first got it. I'm about done with Glock. I have one that's five years old and have not had ANY problems with it. Still going strong after thousands of rounds.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Thanks for the replies gents. This is the same gun I had to send back for an ejection issue when I first got it. I'm about done with Glock. I have one that's five years old and have not had ANY problems with it. Still going strong after thousands of rounds.

If you like the platform, don't give up on them for this. This is really weird and probably truly just a lemon...not a bad part put out I'm mass quantities like the original 9MM RSA. Send it to glock they'll make it right.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    from the gunshow post, howard county fairgrounds is this weekend.

GLOCK Owners Precision Shot Group will be at HOCO Gun show doing are usual glock mods and maintenance. Also we now have the full line of Tek Mats if you need a cleaning mat we will have a table full of all the popular models.

they may be able to fix the issue.:thumbsup:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    If you like the platform, don't give up on them for this. This is really weird and probably truly just a lemon...not a bad part put out I'm mass quantities like the original 9MM RSA. Send it to glock they'll make it right.

Your're probably right, it's just frustrating though. This isn't the first bad Glock I've recently purchased. About 1.5 years ago I had a lemon Gen4 and had to send it back. It was never right, so I sold it at a loss.

My dilemma is that the G17 is the gun I'm most comfortable with and can shoot the best. Operating one is second nature to me.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

GLOCK Owners Precision Shot Group will be at HOCO Gun show doing are usual glock mods and maintenance. Also we now have the full line of Tek Mats if you need a cleaning mat we will have a table full of all the popular models.

So they are there as sort of a Glock promoter and traveling gunsmith? Are they a part of Glock?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Glock Armorers are not someone to trust this ussue to.

Armorers=Juffy Lube Tech

Your "car" has a screwed up engine, Jiffy Lube isnt the place for it.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Let's save the dick measuring for another thread so this one isn't locked as well. OP asked a question, Chad answered it, no need for insults.

Your're probably right, it's just frustrating though. This isn't the first bad Glock I've recently purchased. About 1.5 years ago I had a lemon Gen4 and had to send it back. It was never right, so I sold it at a loss.

My dilemma is that the G17 is the gun I'm most comfortable with and can shoot the best. Operating one is second nature to me.

Yeah. I have to admit, my confidence in Glock has been shaken. But I also have to admit, it shouldn't be, as both my Glocks have been 100% and most of my confidence loss is due to internet rumor, which I know it shouldn't be. I have made the mistake of sort of limiting myself to Glock. Both of my major caliber semi autos are glocks and have been 100%. I'm going to probably sell my G21 and buy a Gen4 G21 unless I can somehow find a G21 SF RTF2. But I admit I'm a little nervous. I think it's time I branched out to maybe M&Ps or Sigs. It's just that my first handgun was a G19 and Glocks are what I shoot most.

It just seems like the issue you're having is particularly rare. It wouldn't be rare if you were having brass to the face, weak ejection, or FTF/FTE because of an overpowered RSA. This issue seems sort of unique, though I'm sure it's happened before.

I guess it just depends on how much you like your gun. Doesn't cost you anything to send it to Glock to fix it though. And you might get lucky and have them put on some night sights or give you some free mags as an "i'm sorry."

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Wow that's impressive ripping the bullet out like that.

Glock Perfection.

I'm selling my Gen 4 19 at a very minor loss and will be moving on to another 9mm platform.

I might try a Glock in .40 or .45 at a later date....or maybe a Gen 5 G 19...who knows.

To the OP....I'd send it back to Glock if it's still within their warrant period. That's the only way to get them to fix their recent issues is to start wasting their money on shipping and smithing.

Does it happen on every cartridge or just every so often?

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Wow that's impressive ripping the bullet out like that.

Glock Perfection.

I'm selling my Gen 4 19 at a very minor loss and will be moving on to another 9mm platform.

I might try a Glock in .40 or .45 at a later date....or maybe a Gen 5 G 19...who knows.

To the OP....I'd send it back to Glock if it's still within their warrant period. That's the only way to get them to fix their recent issues is to start wasting their money on shipping and smithing.

Does it happen on every cartridge or just every so often?

This is the third occurence with two differenct brands of ammo. All three cartridge crushes have taken place in the last 400 rounds fired/chambered.

Looks like we are both having the same luck with our recent purchases.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland

Will you guys have any mats for the G34? And will you be there Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom