• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • berlyn0963

Oct 3, 2006
    Laurel MD
    hey ppl, im another guy who stumbled upon this forum during a search on yahoo. i read a few posts here n there on this site and ppl seem to be alright on here. anyway im just saying hi, oh and i been having trouble finding places to fire shotguns.. seems like all the places in MD are for handguns. So for right now, i have to travel to Shooters Paradise down in Woodbridge. Its not bad but it gets pricey at around 15 a hour, but thats all i know of since i used to live in Fredericksburg Virginia up until recently.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    berlyn0963 said:
    hey ppl, im another guy who stumbled upon this forum during a search on yahoo. i read a few posts here n there on this site and ppl seem to be alright on here. anyway im just saying hi, oh and i been having trouble finding places to fire shotguns.. seems like all the places in MD are for handguns. So for right now, i have to travel to Shooters Paradise down in Woodbridge. Its not bad but it gets pricey at around 15 a hour, but thats all i know of since i used to live in Fredericksburg Virginia up until recently.
    First of all welcome to MDShooters.

But second of all please write like you are on a message board and not in a chat room:)
    no one corrects spelling here or grammar, but there are limits I believe. Abbreviations are good in moderation or when everyone is familiar with them:)

As far as shotguns go it depends on what you are shooting with. There is a good place in Greenbelt that has skeet and trap. If you are talking about slugs out of a shotgun, then most places that allow rilfe allow it (like Berwyn in Bowie).
    But I am sure there are plenty of shotgun shooters on this forum that can tell you some good places in the area that I am not familiar with like all those places out towards Baltimore. If you want to shoot shot out of the gun, then target pratice at a paper target is out of the question for Bowie (Berwyn), but there are some places about a half hour or so from where you and I live which allow it (that are also private).

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Welcome aboard.

Continental up in Timonium allows OO buckshot on their infoor range

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Novus is right, it depends on what kind of shooting you are interested in.

If it's trap, a lot of places like AGC and AAFG have trap shooting open to the public.

berlyn0963

Oct 3, 2006
    Laurel MD
    basically im interested in shootin slugs and 000 and some occasional quail shot.:party29: im lookin for a place that allows all of that so i dont have to drive a hour back down to woodbridge

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    If youre interested in trap/skeet/sporting clays, PG county trap&skeet center is where its at. Located right by NASA at 10400 Good Luck Rd.

If youre not familiar, I am always looking for a reason that I "have" to go out to the trap range. FYI: minium of 23" barrel and maximum of #7-1/2" shot size.

Welcome!

berlyn0963

Oct 3, 2006
    Laurel MD
    i appreciate the info thanx, by the way anyone know a place that sells slugs for cheap? i need alotta slugs like some for plinking around. any suggestions? any online places ? something in the range of 2-2.50 per box of 5 at the most

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    berlyn,

What's up with your myspace? I get a message that says your account was deleted.....

berlyn0963

Oct 3, 2006
    Laurel MD
    ok i made a correction, cuz obviously i dont know how to spell my own myspace address lol , thats my fault. its been a long week for me and my mind is kinda zapped,.
    >> please check it again and let me know whats up. thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom