• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    Dear Mr. and Mrs. :

Again, thanks for contacting me. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you in the future.
    Thank you for getting in touch with me to express your opposition to the Assault Weapons Ban. I appreciate hearing from you.

I support the Second Amendment rights of Marylanders who enjoy hunting or who have firearms to protect themselves. Yet, I strongly believe that assault weapons do not belong on our streets and are a threat tocommunities across our nation. Eliminating such powerful weapons from the streets will help reduce violent crimes, including crimes against law enforcement officers.

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 (S. 150) would outlaw military style assault weapons that fire a large volume of ammunition quickly without reloading. Specifically, this bill would prohibit the sale, transfer, manufacture or importation of certain semi-automatic pistols, shotguns, and weapons with an ammunition feeding device that holds more than ten rounds. This bill would also protect the rights of hunters and those who use certain firearms for sporting purposes.

Several law enforcement organizations including the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, Women in Federal Law Enforcement, and the Police Foundation have supported this ban. I want you to know that my support for limited and common sense gun control, like the Assault Weapons Ban, does not diminish my support for Second Amendment rights.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator

My reply:
    Dear Senator,
    As a long time politician I would figure that you would understand our rights. At no time was the 2nd amendment written to protect the rights of hunters. It was written to protect the individual. The original intention was to protect the citizen from who??? The Government. If the government can have what is actually an "assault weapon" on the streets then why can't a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN have a semi automatic rifle( note that I did not call it an assault weapon because it is not). You are misinformed with alot of other senators that believe limiting the rights of citizens will make our streets safer. You have the right of freedom of speech. The government or myself are not stopping you from saying what your incorrect beliefs are of the 2nd amendment. Your freedom of speech is not limited. Your freedom of religion is not limited. My 2nd amendment rights shall not be limited. I will not support any representative that does not support my rights as a law abiding citizen. I will also do my best to educate others as to what you and other representatives are trying to do to their rights. This administration and its followers are a prime example of what the colonies were struggling to survive against when the bill of rights were written. It is a shame when our elected officials do not listen to those that elected them. They think they know what is best for the citizens. The citizens hired you and the citizens will fire you.

tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    No one will fire her. She is safe with her liberal constituents and correspondingly spends her time eroding the rights of others.

arbrand

Jan 21, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Her secretary will read it and move it to the junk folder, they could care less. You will probably get the same prefab email a second time. I wish these people could be persuaded but I believe all efforts are in vein. Thank you for trying though, I am in no way trying to undermine your effort, it is appreciated by me and many others.

Ving

Feb 27, 2013
    Anne Arundel
    Im glad our elected officials are protecting us from these dangerous "assault weapons"...they're not used for hunting, personal defense or target shooting anyway. Just look at one of them, they're scary looking too.

HAHAH I threw up in my mouth typing that one.

bhsstudio

Jan 2, 2013
    Since when we got "Assault Weapon" on the street? Can they just start to ban handgun coz that is the one on the street!

blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    Here is her latest BS. Do you really think she learned anything?

Dear Mr. and Mrs.

Thank you for getting in touch with me again about gun control.

You have obviously given this a great deal of time and thought ‑‑ I've learned from hearing your views. I want to be responsive to the needs of all Marylanders when I make decisions. Information from people like you is essential if I'm to reach that goal.

Again, thanks for keeping in touch with me. Please let me know if I may be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Here is her latest BS. Do you really think she learned anything?

Dear Mr. and Mrs.

You have obviously given this a great deal of time and thought ‑‑ I've learned from hearing your views. I want to be responsive to the needs of all Marylanders when I make decisions. Information from people like you is essential if I'm to reach that goal.

Again, thanks for keeping in touch with me. Please let me know if I may be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator

That translates into: I'll stroke you anyway you want. Just re-elect me when the time comes.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    Dear Mr. and Mrs.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator[/QUOTE]

WOW!She may as well have patted you on your head and said your the smartest kid in the special class.Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!GOLD STAR on the good boy board!:bs:

mdbayboater

Nubie
    Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Shore, Maryland
    So neglected

I feel so neglected, I never received a canned response from my gun ban opposition letter; I did however receive one about the opposition to MD's intent to tax internet sales. It read pretty much verbatim to yours...it's like they use the same form letter and fill in the blank fields....rain tax...gun ban...gas tax etc... Sooo tired of dumbazz politicians!

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Senator Mikulski,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me what you personally believe on the issue of Second Amendment rights. However, my intent was not to ascertain your personal beliefs...your record as a politician already speaks clearly to those.

Rather, my intent was to notify you, as a representative of my state and my district, what MY beliefs and the beliefs of many of my fellow constituents are. Since you are elected to represent us, I feel that this information would be useful in helping you decide how to best fulfill that role.

While I can certainly appreciate your attempts to reconcile your personal beliefs with ours, our resolve in this issue is firm. I recommend that you not attempt to justify your views to us any further.

However, please be aware that we will be watching your activities in Congress carefully to determine whether you represent us, your constituents, or whether you choose instead to ignore our views and represent your own. These observations will weigh heavily in our own actions on Election Day.

Sincerely,
    xxxxxxx

It just burns me when politicians tell their constituents, "thanks for telling me what YOU think, but here is what *I* think". You're not elected to provide my beliefs and opinions to me, or to try to "educate" me on what you think is best. You're elected to represent me and those around me. F*ck what "you think".

Of course it's probably an empty threat, coming from someone in this turd state. But someone needs to check these elitist pr!cks once in a while and remind them who they work for. Politicians should be spewing rhetoric to the Senate on OUR behalf, not spewing rhetoric at us, the constituents, on behalf of their political allies. That's bass-ackwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom