• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Forgive me if this has already been covered, I've searched but couldn't find the answer to this question. I've recently picked up 2 lowers, (so technically I can't buy another regulated firearm within 60 days) but if I send in my collector application, and it comes back approved, will I immediately be able to make another purchase, or will I be forced to way the full 60 days for the original purchase of 2 lowers?

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    I BELIEVE it's retroactive IE you can just go buy it since there's a spot on there that asks if you're a collector. Since you would then be a collector, it should be treated as such.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. Any purchase made after your collector status is approved is kind of like a different purchase. So yes, you should be able to get a third as long as you mark down on the paperwork that you are now a collector.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes, if you are a DC, you don;t have to put the date of your last purchase on the form at all. Once a DC, not limits on time between purchases.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    I just got Designated Collector status approved.....now I'll submit my C$R application.

This. My C$R was approved in less than 21 days and now I have Tokarevs, CZ 52s and P64s shipped to my door. Gotta watch the flippin' mag capacities still but it's fun and educational! BRB, Gotta go order a Star....:party29:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Once you have your DC letter from MSP, you can buy as many and as often as you like; it's time for you to discover how nice it is to liberate your pocketbook on a very regular 2A basis. We at Shooters Discount welcome pocketbook 2A liberators.:D

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Once you have your DC letter from MSP, you can buy as many and as often as you like; it's time for you to discover how nice it is to liberate your pocketbook on a very regular 2A basis. We at Shooters Discount welcome pocketbook 2A liberators.:D

And with your prices, you've been pretty good at liberating money from wallets! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom