• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I came in right at noon yesterday and walked out with a vortex strikefire and case of federal .223. It was a pleasure to buy from them and I'll definately be back soon.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Lets us know how you like the Strikefire. Ive been thinking of getting one.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Congratulations! 2A is good people to deal with.
    BTW
    :needpics:

Excuse the crappy cell nature of the pic, but here it is:

65981_442488710487_719230487_5385122_6910647_n.jpg

And it works like a dream. Co-witnesses nicely with the magpul BUIS. I'm sure I'll be at AGC this weekend if anyone wanted to try it first hand.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    For those wondering about the optic.

Well I took it out this past weekend and it crapped out of me within the first 200 rounds. Started just turning itself off between shots, then it wouldn't turn on at all. Hopefully just the battery, I was using the battery it came with, but I still had less than 2 hours of use on it so we'll see.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    For those wondering about the optic.

Well I took it out this past weekend and it crapped out of me within the first 200 rounds. Started just turning itself off between shots, then it wouldn't turn on at all. Hopefully just the battery, I was using the battery it came with, but I still had less than 2 hours of use on it so we'll see.

Bring it by the shop if you have a chance. I'd be happy to look at it for you.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I tell ya guys, I've got a new shop now. 2A is the best. My strikefire died within a few hundred rounds, tried a new battery with no success. I took it in to 2A as soon as they opened Friday. I was hoping to have it working for the zombie shoot yesterday. He was out of Strikefires but was willing to take the broken one as trade towards the next model up, the Spark. Good guy, I really appreciate him helping me out when I was in a rough spot.

As for the Spark, buy one. The Strikefire was nice while it worked but the dot on the spark was crisper and I could make it much brighter than the Strikefire. I did a real quick zero at 25 yards and it held it perfectly over the 400 rounds myself and a friend would up putting through it, to the point where the left/right was dead on at 500 yards I just had to hold high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom