• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    “Charles County Crime Solvers offers rewards of up to $1,000 for information that leads to the arrest or indictment of a person responsible for a crime in Charles County.”

But I can return two dogs I kidnapped in DC for a cool 20K! :rofl:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****So, I have this rental property in a not so great part of MoCo, off Muddy Branch road in Gaithersburg. It used to not be *that* bad until the past few years and I asked my property manager what the heck happened and he basically said they have moved a *bunch* of low income people from Baltimore into MoCo and it is subsidized by several organizations - both governmental and also charitable groups.

It's like Baltimore is being emptied out and some not so great examples of virtuous, honest, decent working people are being moved here to the area. I looked up some quick facts on Baltimore and they are *rapidly* losing population. Gonna assume they aren't just killing each other off *that* quickly, or somehow found out how to use birth control, or some other method of preventing reproduction.

Holy smokes, Baltimore has lost a ton of people since 2010!! Quick chart below. They are moving lots of people here into our area as well as surrounding suburbs! Crazy!

Screenshot 2023-07-06 210418.png

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    *****So, I have this rental property in a not so great part of MoCo, off Muddy Branch road in Gaithersburg. It used to not be *that* bad until the past few years and I asked my property manager what the heck happened and he basically said they have moved a *bunch* of low income people from Baltimore into MoCo and it is subsidized by several organizations - both governmental and also charitable groups.

It's like Baltimore is being emptied out and some not so great examples of virtuous, honest, decent working people are being moved here to the area. I looked up some quick facts on Baltimore and they are *rapidly* losing population. Gonna assume they aren't just killing each other off *that* quickly, or somehow found out how to use birth control, or some other method of preventing reproduction.

Holy smokes, Baltimore has lost a ton of people since 2010!! Quick chart below. They are moving lots of people here into our area as well as surrounding suburbs! Crazy!

View attachment 421324
    That is how they do it. Relocate blight to all decent areas to make every place a shit hole.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    “Charles County Crime Solvers offers rewards of up to $1,000 for information that leads to the arrest or indictment of a person responsible for a crime in Charles County.”

But I can return two dogs I kidnapped in DC for a cool 20K! :rofl:
    When a dog bites someone it's put down, but when a human kills someone it's released

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Fled that $hit Hole in 2008.

Was robbed at gun point by a pre-teen on a bicycle in broad daylight off Wakefield Circle.

Sheriffs deputies that responded didn't seem too interested.

At the time I was on sea duty and was gone about 4-6 months a year. My wife suggested we put bars on the lower windows and get an alarm system.

I suggested a FOR SALE sign........

Moved to Huntingtown in Calvert and never looked back. Love Calvert and we avoid Waldorf at all costs.

To add insult to injury the house we "had" to sell we had just completely remodeled - new siding, windows, roof, kitchen and two bathrooms.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Very true. More and more new homes and vacant retail properties.

Tax $$
    Not just tax dollars

They have changed the constituency so the good old folks from Chuck county no longer count and the new constituency has elected the government that those in charge of such things wanted elected

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

View attachment 421324

They should ship all of those people to Potomac and see how long it takes for some problem solving. Counties across the country are declaring parts of neighborhoods Section 8 and then the neighborhoods go to sh*t.
    I want it to happen in Chevy Chase and Potomac and then maybe it would stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    They should ship all of those people to Potomac and see how long it takes for some problem solving. Counties across the country are declaring parts of neighborhoods Section 8 and then the neighborhoods go to sh*t.
    I want it to happen in Chevy Chase and Potomac and then maybe it would stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Purple line coming!

CitadelTraining

Firearms Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Jun 29, 2023
    Waldorf, MD
    Not just tax dollars

They have changed the constituency so the good old folks from Chuck county no longer count and the new constituency has elected the government that those in charge of such things wanted elected

It's sad to see. Many that I talk to in passing conversation don't even understand that it's their elected officials responsible for the things they don't like and just keep voting for them.

i.e. They blame the judges when they release people right away after they are arrested for violent crimes, yet don't understand that very often, the judges don't have a choice based on "bail reform" guidelines they have to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom