Anne Arundel First Alert - Accidental Shooting at 2600 Block of Annapolis Road (Cindy's?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Trivia - What profession routinely kills the most people during the course of their career? ( Excluding medical mistakes in this context .)

Locomotive Engineers .
    I'll have to look up the original source , but I've seen it quoted as in the neighborhood of seven .
    The 1 train guy I know killed someone, he was cleared of any wrong/ negligent. Happened in Bmore ah few years back

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I hope the investigators accomodated the staff and witnesses during the time they were kept there. Back in 1991 a woman was struck by a 60 MPH passenger train. The police had the engineer of that train repeatedly back up and pass the spot she was struck for photos, time and distance measurements, etc. For the engineer of the striking train, that was a horrid thing for authorities to do.
    I've seen that video

Exceedingly poor situational awareness by the woman

In Pace Requiescat

Trivia - What profession routinely kills the most people during the course of their career? ( Excluding medical mistakes in this context .)

Locomotive Engineers .
    I'll have to look up the original source , but I've seen it quoted as in the neighborhood of seven .
    In my early/mid 20's a friend was hired by CSX and was in training to be an engineer. He said they had extensive training about when they kill someone. Not if, but when. He said a large part was understanding that a train doesn't stop on a dime and even if you see a person, car, etc. on the tracks well in advance, there is nothing you can do about it. It is not your fault.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I've seen that video

Exceedingly poor situational awareness by the woman

In Pace Requiescat
    is that the one where she is running across the tracks and another dude was, as well but he stopped? She was holding a briefcase or purse? If so, then yeah I have seen it and I remember it. Very sad.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In my early/mid 20's a friend was hired by CSX and was in training to be an engineer. He said they had extensive training about when they kill someone. Not if, but when. He said a large part was understanding that a train doesn't stop on a dime and even if you see a person, car, etc. on the tracks well in advance, there is nothing you can do about it. It is not your fault.

Absolutely!
    Nearly always it's fault/ gross negligence/ suicide of the hit- ee .

It adds to the stress/ PTSD of the Operator when they see it coming in slow motion ( compared to shooting encounters ) , they frantically do everything possible , and it's still not enough .

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I rode in the cab of a CSX excursion train running down the NE corridor from Baltimore to DC's Union Station. When you're in a car and stopped by the gates at a grade crossing, it feels like you're waiting forever for the train to come along and ask why did the gates go down so early.

When you're in the loco, you watch cars crossing in front of you and you can't wait for the gates to go down! The engineer told me there are only a few things he feared hitting: Gasoline tanker, gravel/cement truck, and school bus.

Last edited:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    is that the one where she is running across the tracks and another dude was, as well but he stopped? She was holding a briefcase or purse? If so, then yeah I have seen it and I remember it. Very sad.
    Yup, Back when Live Leak was still around it was there under the name "Train Girl." She and her divorce lawyer were talking about her case at the time, and that was that. It was in Dowers Grove, Ill. I think the vid is still out there.

I won't post a link to the video of the entire incident that lives on YouTube, but the vid is entitled "Woman Walks into Speeding Train." Her name was Mary Wojtyla, 41 year old mother of three. Watch at your peril.

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Yup, Back when Live Leak was still around it was there under the name "Train Girl." She and her divorce lawyer were talking about her case at the time, and that was that. It was in Dowers Grove, Ill. I think the vid is still out there.

I won't post a link to the video of the entire incident that lives on YouTube, but the vid is entitled "Woman Walks into Speeding Train." Her name was Mary Wojtyla, 41 year old mother of three. Watch at your peril.
    Thanks. I saw it a while back and cannot watch it again.

bmorestance

Dec 2, 2013
    I think panic at first. He said the police kept them all there for a few hours after the event before they could leave.
    ahhh wow, as with any crime scene... the dude ruined the day for MANY people. Not just him and his family. Sorry the folks had to go through with this. Scarred for life..

bmorestance

Dec 2, 2013

Locomotive Engineers .
    Interesting! Would have never thought that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom