• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    HJC has one hearing scheduled this afternoon. Not sure if they are planning a voting session today, let's use this thread for breaking news Sending Andi, Dan and Mike pointers to this thread to drop breaking news and updates, if/when anything comes up.

Looks like the marijuana hearing ran past 8 last night. II don't see any updated voting results on MDGA for the gun bills that were heard on 3/4 in HJC.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just confirmed no voting occurred last night.

No info on today's voting plans available as of now.

ETA: the House is still in session.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Thanks for staying on top of this. I have been going to Annapolis several times a year since 2004 and had planned to do the same this year. Made it to the 2ATuesday Rally, but life has been extremely chaotic this year and my time has been limited. But I am still writing and calling 'cause I wouldn't want them to forget me!

THANK YOU (and the many others) FOR GRABBING THE BANNER AND RUNNING WITH IT!

Dogmeat

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    HB 286 (amendment included) - use of handgun in crime of violence or felony - statute of limitations. The amendment establishes the sol to be the same as the underlying crime.

Just Passed on third reader in the house.

Near identical version was passed in the senate (SB 248 ) on 3/7.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The origion HB286 was bad, as ammended addressed our concerns, and passage was expected. Will be at House 1.in.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    What about those stupid shell casings HB715? And locks HB713? Both are total ripoffs for handgun purchasers. Do they provide a list of what is being voted on, or do the bills just come out of thin air during the meeting?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The list isn't anounced until the Voting Session actually starts. But there is only today , Sat , and Mon .

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Copied from yesterday's thread:

Ok folks, here's the deal.

They are hearing one bill this afternoon (not gun related)

In between hearings and votes, they have a conference in a back room to make final decisions on voting. There's usually about an hour in between, but that doesn't help much, because...the chairman does not release the bills to be voted on until the committee sits down to start the voting session, those voting lists are one of the best kept secrets in the world. In fact, I think it would be easier to get nuke coordinates than the voting list du jour.

Anyway, we won't know until last minute if they plan to vote on gun bills and they start right in then.. Nice, huh?

Wednesday night they voted on around 100 bills, so it could be quite a mix of bills with gun bills interspersed.

Note they usually vote in numerical order, so if they do vote on gun bills, HB 36 will be first up.

Dblas or mjd438 will come on and sound the bell when they get the voting list later today.

So, here's the options:

1. Wait for the notice here.
    Downside - depending on how far you have to go, you may miss several votes.
    Upside - no unnecessary trip.

2. Go down there and wait for the list to come out.
    Downside - depending on how far you have to go, the trip could be for naught if no gun bills are on the list.
    Upside - you are there when voting begins.

3. Stay tuned. Someone down there will post what's up.

Last edited:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Is there a bill on the Senate side concerning HB713 (locks)? On the chance that HB713 comes out of drawer and is approved in committee?

There is a cross filed Senate bill for the shell casing issue:

SB 584 Sen Astle Public Safety - Handgun Identification Requirements - Repeal

Frosh will probably desk drawer this one AND the House version if it makes it across the street, simply out of spite.

Why should he care if firearms purchasers have to spend more money, time or anguish to get those evil guns even if the casings just get tossed in a bin and the MSP dismantled the program years ago???

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If I overheard the Delegates correctly, they haven't yet had the "regular" hearing session yet, but is only one Bill to be discussed , and it seems non controversial. unknown if will go directly into voting, or another break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom