• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    So I went down to Annapolis MD after work last night and stayed until almost midnight. I was joined by many from MDS as well as MSI. I know that things regarding our second amendment rights in MD are bad and getting worse, but I do not quite think I would have believed half of the things that were said unless I heard it and saw the process for myself.

I am saddened by the ignorance regarding the purchase process, the firearms community, and state / federal law. I saw amendments to the ban that would have strengthened our rights fail and ones that endanger us succeed. One woman in the gallery just believed every little thing that the democrats are pushing, some of which were outright lies.

At the end of the night, there was a heated debate. The question asked on the floor, for clarification, was "is it true that only law abiding citizens will be forced to register firearms yet criminals would not be forced to as they have fifth amendment protection from self incrimination" and was danced around and NEVER answered.

I know that this is more of a rant. They are passing laws that are weakening our ability to defend ourselves as we see fit, to engage in recreation as we see fit, and not penalizing the actual criminals!!

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    It was good to meet you last night wynter. I had to leave about 9 pm to catch the last bus back to the Stadium as I am unable to walk that distance. I too was floored by the ignorance and out right lies by Dumb A** I mean Dumais.

I am a retired Montgomery County Firefighter and I am going to try to get floor votes with the union to NOT fund her next campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom