• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The show was very weak. Very few guns. Lots of accessories, but not many quality ones.

Still, even a bad gun show is OK with me.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    nice talking to you! glad i could help.:)

I was looking to meet you, but didn't know where to look.

As MrH said, there was a decent selection there. Prices were ridiculous on most ammo. Guy had .22's granted, they were about the only one's in the whole place, but he wanted $65 for 500. Powder was ridiculous. Not much in the way of reloading at all.

Nice guy from GA stopped on his way back from Harrisburg. Had Trijicon, EOTech stuff at good prices. Fox Firearms had a ton of people there the whole 3 hours I was there. I believe they sold quite a few handguns. Bluefins table was active. Guy selling some nice cordura looking rifle cases that hold two AR's, two pistols, webbing, front pocket for $75. 42"L.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I didn't think it was a very good show, but, believe it or not, it was far better than the first one that I went to when the show returned to Annapolis. I am hopeful that it might someday get nearly as good as it was when Frank from Bay Country used to have 'em there. There was some powder / primers / etc and some ammo. A lot of ammo was overprised, but I saw a few decent prices on 7.62x39 wolf and other ammo. There was a guy near the back left of the place that had some OK prices on ammo including some hard to find ammo. I'm pretty well stocked for now, so I just passed. Premium 375 for 35 - 45 a box. Not really all that bad considering what it is. He also had Hornady FTX 200 gr 460 Mag ammo for $30/20 and just a bit more for Smith 500 ammo, That's actually not much different than prices on those thing pre-shtf. I did see a few half way decent collectable classic type guns. Some of it C&R, others just older military like the 1903 and 1903 A3 and a 1917 Eddystone. No gotta haves for me and they weren't cheap, but not totally outrageous either...at least the ones I paid the most attention. Saw a really nice cordura (or other such material) range bags that were supposed to be waterproof material that seemed pretty nice for $47. Soory I didn't get to meet any MDS people there. We need to get some hats with the MDS shield on them so maybe we can better recognize each other. In this cold weather, wearing an MDS Long sleeve T just doesn'
    t get noticed by other MDS people <hint, hint! Just a thought, guys>

jomill613

Jun 13, 2012
    Bowie
    I agree it was pretty sad. Thanks to new laws and regulations undoubtedly. I've been to better ones, but beggars can't be choosers.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I almost gave in and purchased some of the $35 a pound powder but Chantilly is only a week away. I go mainly to support the show but rarely find much I'm after.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    I didn't think it was a very good show, but, believe it or not, it was far better than the first one that I went to when the show returned to Annapolis. I am hopeful that it might someday get nearly as good as it was when Frank from Bay Country used to have 'em there. There was some powder / primers / etc and some ammo. A lot of ammo was overprised, ... Sorry I didn't get to meet any MDS people there. We need to get some hats with the MDS shield on them so maybe we can better recognize each other. In this cold weather, wearing an MDS Long sleeve T just doesn'
    t get noticed by other MDS people <hint, hint! Just a thought, guys>

x2.

Still a lacking show, but better than the last few Annapolis shows. Decent prices on 308AR's, Some HBAR's were priced ok (LGS & IP's have better pricing tho) some AR's were ridiculous. I agree on Ammo. $60 for 525count .22lr was outrageous, but someone bought them all. Actually there was some Eley competition .22 that was reasonably priced at $10/box. This show still needs to step it up, but its on the right track.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    If Shooters Discount were to possibly attend this Annapolis show in the future, would there be adequate support from the MDS community to make it worth the effort???

If Shooters Discount were to possibly attend this Annapolis show in the future, would there be adequate support from the MDS community to make it worth the effort???

I would sure try.Though it's been awhile,Shooters Discount is what got me to go back to the Equestrian center after many years of disappointment (and that's dead now :sad20:) for a Mini-14.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ripfubar

Dec 29, 2011
    CSC
    I go to every one I can just to show support since there isn't much there in the hopes that one day it gets better.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

oh shi....!!!! i definately would be there.... OMG!!!!:D

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

I'd probably attend. Maybe I could carpool with someone from Carroll County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom