• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

It’s like Weekend at Bernies with that woman! Gazette keeps giving her a platform in order for her to direct her anger outward instead of taking a look at which organization didn’t protect her husband from a known threat.

In the meantime these laws wouldn’t have changed the facts in this case or others and makes some sort of mention of gun violence, me thinks for the vast majority of these upper middle class Caucasian women, most likely self inflicted “gun violence” and yet again these grieving mothers are projecting their anger at the implement utilized in the suicide than realizing their child could just as easily have stepped in front of a train. Let them focus on CSX! I’m sorry for your loss but the gun didn’t just go off (unless it was a Sig).

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It’s like Weekend at Bernies with that woman! Gazette keeps giving her a platform in order for her to direct her anger outward instead of taking a look at which organization didn’t protect her husband from a known threat.

In the meantime these laws wouldn’t have changed the facts in this case or others and makes some sort of mention of gun violence, me thinks for the vast majority of these upper middle class Caucasian women, most likely self inflicted “gun violence” and yet again these grieving mothers are projecting their anger at the implement utilized in the suicide than realizing their child could just as easily have stepped in front of a train. Let them focus on CSX! I’m sorry for your loss but the gun didn’t just go off (unless it was a Sig).

I have always said that liberals are so scared of everything that life is almost to hard for them to cope with that so they are scared that they may kill themselves so they figure if there are no guns then that’s one easy way for them not to do that

Just my opinion

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have always said that liberals are so scared of everything that life is almost to hard for them to cope with that so they are scared that they may kill themselves so they figure if there are no guns then that’s one easy way for them not to do that

Just my opinion

Agree, they seem so emotionally driven/fragile that suicide is probably something that they all have in the back of their minds as a valid option when life gets too tough. I guess they figure at least with pills they can “cry for help” whereas with a gun there’s more finality.

I’ve said it before in other threads. In my younger days I always thought there was a middle ground between the left and right and solutions would be found in the middle. What brought me far right wasn’t the right, it was the left and how off the wall they are. They don’t realize that they are doing the same to others, the first step right is the middle, they are pushing plenty of people to the middle.

Nonsensical, purely emotionally driven. I won’t even speak to them at this point, I might as well speak to a piece of fruit.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    The cross-filed version of HB4 was introduced in the Senate this morning: SB0208 [text]

We as a community need to come together with amendments our pro 2a senators on the committee can propose. AsI mentioned in HB4 by Mr Art, why not an app that we can scan someone’s drivers license to get a or on the spot. I really don’t see any way the state can stop a face to face between friends. It’s those entrapment scenarios by a state ;Dnr) employee posing as a buyer. If you only sell to someone you know and trust. No way for the state to know. Which again makes this stupid bill pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We as a community need to come together with amendments our pro 2a senators on the committee can propose. AsI mentioned in HB4 by Mr Art, why not an app that we can scan someone’s drivers license to get a or on the spot. I really don’t see any way the state can stop a face to face between friends. It’s those entrapment scenarios by a state ;Dnr) employee posing as a buyer. If you only sell to someone you know and trust. No way for the state to know. Which again makes this stupid bill pointless.

Last year they shot down an amendment to make it a felony to steal a gun. You will literally get a harsher penalty for giving your grandson a gun than you will for stealing a gun. These people are not about safety. They get offended when we use the term "common sense". No true common sense amendments will be tolerated.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Last year they shot down an amendment to make it a felony to steal a gun. You will literally get a harsher penalty for giving your grandson a gun than you will for stealing a gun. These people are not about safety. They get offended when we use the term "common sense". No true common sense amendments will be tolerated.

Just when did the term "common sense" become a micro-aggression to these people. They obviously have never read their own propaganda.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 216

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just when did the term "common sense" become a micro-aggression to these people. They obviously have never read their own propaganda.

Apparently at the 01/15 hearing at least one of the delegates got upset about someone using the term "common sense".

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

When they use the term "common sense" it's in a condescending way and they don't like being on the receiving end of their own BS

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Here's my view of the "easier background check" notion. Whether it's a checkbox on your driver's license, a government-provided app, a web site that you can visit, or a bio chip implanted inside your body, they are all intrusive and invasive. Mike Doherty touched on this during his testimony on Jan 15. These ideas each involve the government requiring information to be collected about you, making judgements about your natural rights based on it, and then providing a means for it to be queried for the purposes of potentially inhibiting your exercise of those rights. As soon as you concede that a background check is acceptable to be placed between you and your natural rights, you've opened the door to losing those rights. That door was opened long ago with NICS, but we don't need to keep kicking the doorstop to keep the door from being closed.

Here's an idea. Let's just continue to say that background checks don't stop violence. It's a feel good control measure. Herd the people into queues so that can check to see if they can exercise their natural rights today. One day, it will be "Oops, we're sorry. You are obsolete. We don't need librarians anymore."

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Problem is that a driver’s license has nothing to with whether or not you’re prohibited. You would then need to tie your license to the NICS system somehow. Also, what if you had your license suspended or don’t have it for some reason, then you couldn’t buy firearms? There are so many more ways they could screw us with a plan like this.
    I agree that it’s basically unenforceable though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Problem is that a driver’s license has nothing to with whether or not you’re prohibited. You would then need to tie your license to the NICS system somehow. Also, what if you had your license suspended or don’t have it for some reason, then you couldn’t buy firearms? There are so many more ways they could screw us with a plan like this.
    I agree that it’s basically unenforceable though.

You can't really buy firearms without a driver's license now (unless you use the gunshow loophole.....)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You can't really buy firearms without a driver's license now (unless you use the gunshow loophole.....)

I suppose. Just the thought of how they would make it work is mind numbing. They can barely get a drivers license correct.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A drivers license (while you’re standing there in the gun shop) is already the trusted basis for the 4473.

Technically you could use another form of photo ID, correct? Like Mil ID or a state ID card. Wouldn’t need to be a DL.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Technically you could use another form of photo ID, correct? Like Mil ID or a state ID card. Wouldn’t need to be a DL.

Point is that you can walk in with a DL, and back out the door with an approved 4473 and a Super Death Murder Sniper Rifle in a matter of minutes. So a state app that uses the DL for FTF should be perfectly reasonable.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Just when did the term "common sense" become a micro-aggression to these people..

A couple years ago in a testimony, it was suggested that people shouldn't discuss common sense unless they actually have it.

Forget who that was.... :innocent0....but I know for a fact that whoever said it was looking directly at a penguin when it was said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom