• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    Angstadt Arms is coming out with a line of Glock style AR lowers. Their instagram page says April of this year. The website shows platforms for 9mm, 40 and 357 sig. Their uppers don't have dust covers or forward assist but I would assume any other upper would fit. I know a lot of members have been looking for this style lower so I figured I'd pass it along.

Angstadtarms.com

and no I am not affiliated..... Just showing a cool product.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    It will be interesting how they work. From other discussion, one from a manufacturing IP here on the board, apparently the Glock mag angle is "difficult". Don't ask me specifics. Just casual reading.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I read that you have to modify an AR bolt or bolt carrier in order to make the Glock magazine lowers work. Is that true? Seems like a pain when I could just get a lower that took Colt magazines

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It will be interesting how they work. From other discussion, one from a manufacturing IP here on the board, apparently the Glock mag angle is "difficult". Don't ask me specifics. Just casual reading.

Watching the video, it looks like it follows the up and out just like a glock pistol. For folks that are use to just pushing up to load an AR, that might feel a little weird. I also don't like the peep holes all glock mags have. In this application I would worry about dirt and water getting into the mag, possibly causing a rust issue down the line.

I'm sure they will sell a bunch of them, if for no other reason, they are putting together 2 very popular platforms, the glock and AR15.

Jim Smith

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    I haven't seen much on price. Their complete riffles are supposed to be around $1200-$1300 I believe. No idea on lowers/uppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom