• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I heard most of the full hearing this morning this morning.

Here is the only clip I can find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D1UIYPeScU

The full video is not on C-SPAN's site yet. If anyone has the full hearing please post a link.

Harris did a VERY good job taking Holder to task about the current background check system, the lack of criminal data in NICS, the lack of mental health data, and the lack of prosecutions when felons lie on the ATF 4473. If we are not enforcing the current system what are we trying to do by expanding it with a new system?

Harris' points should be the talking points we use to educate others on flaws in the current system, and how govt is intentionally not enforcing the laws that are already in place.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Where does Holders 2 million come from if the statistics are 70,000 (or whatever the number Andy Harris mentioned)? This guy is unbelievable.

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    I don't want to defend Mr. Holder, but Senator Harris was quoting figures from 2010. Mr. Holder said, "Since the system started, 2 million people have been turned away".

I guess he wanted to make the system sound more impressive.

I was more shocked to hear Holder admit that they don't prosecute violators because they don't have the resources. They only go after the worst offenders.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I don't want to defend Mr. Holder, but Senator Harris was quoting figures from 2010. Mr. Holder said, "Since the system started, 2 million people have been turned away".

I guess he wanted to make the system sound more impressive.

I was more shocked to hear Holder admit that they don't prosecute violators because they don't have the resources. They only go after the worst offenders.

But he certainly has the time to run guns to Mexico.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    You would think that as the AG it would be a little more difficult to make him look like such an idiot but apparently it is not a very difficult task at all. He is even, I believe, more incompetent than our dear leader.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    This "testimony" infuriates me because the "Gun Show and Internet Sale" lie goes unchallenged yet again!

Yes, perhaps we need to educate our Reps on this?

I often explain to people that have bought dozens of guns over the years and if they could explain to me how I can buy a gun over the internet. People seem to think it is like ordering a book from Amazon.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD

I often explain to people that have bought dozens of guns over the years and if they could explain to me how I can buy a gun over the internet. People seem to think it is like ordering a book from Amazon.

I need a few more guns. I am going to try out this internet thingy so I can bypass Maryland's now at least 60 day wait that goes along with their background check. I wish I had thought of this earlier.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Don't even get me started on this. I have had neighbors tell me that you can basically go on the equivalent of Amazon to just buy guns off the internet and get it shipped to your door BUT you have to sign for it :rolleyes:

Gun show loopholes, the internet, and buying guns out of state and bringing them here while still a resident of MD - I have heard them all.

You can't fix stupid, and many people like this get their news from the MSM which promotes these falsehoods KNOWINGLY.

I wish my neighbor knew that web address so I can order my guns there and not have to wait 60+days for my guns...

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    ****Don't even get me started on this. I have had neighbors tell me that you can basically go on the equivalent of Amazon to just buy guns off the internet and get it shipped to your door BUT you have to sign for it :rolleyes:

well, technically, with a C&R FFL............

But considering the people who say this are only thinking fully automatic assault baby killers, they are still retarded.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

Gun show loopholes, the internet, and buying guns out of state and bringing them here while still a resident of MD - I have heard them all.

You can't fix stupid, and many people like this get their news from the MSM which promotes these falsehoods KNOWINGLY.

I wish my neighbor knew that web address so I can order my guns there and not have to wait 60+days for my guns...

There is a show called Vanguard on Current Tv (must know your enemy to know how to fight em) . They had two on last night , Suprised certain segments weren't cut . One was the "reporter" was inspecting the evidence locker and saying look at all these "military weapons" the cop tried correcting him they weren't . The other was when they went to a self defense class the reporter kept saying , You will be able to kill another person because you feel threatened , the instructor was great he would jump in and say no we aren't teaching on how to kill we are teaching how to neutralize a threat not everyone shot dies.
    they went to a FFL with the online lie he said to em show me how you do it. they couldn't lol

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    There is a show called Vanguard on Current Tv (must know your enemy to know how to fight em) . They had two on last night , Suprised certain segments weren't cut . One was the "reporter" was inspecting the evidence locker and saying look at all these "military weapons" the cop tried correcting him they weren't . The other was when they went to a self defense class the reporter kept saying , You will be able to kill another person because you feel threatened , the instructor was great he would jump in and say no we aren't teaching on how to kill we are teaching how to neutralize a threat not everyone shot dies.
    they went to a FFL with the online lie he said to em show me how you do it. they couldn't lol

I watched a current TV show where the anti-2A lady says:

"They think that innocent people can't die"

:shocked4:

I guess they can die and should die, not having a chance to defend themselves.

Recently in Maryland there was a guy on guy rape in the Victim's home. After the rape the Victim asked the Rapist if he should call the Police to report it. The Rapist said no because he'd only get a PBJ. The Victim said, "Yeah, you are probably right". Considering the conversation, the Rapist then asks the Victim to make him a PBJ as he was hungry.

:confused:

Some jokes are not funny; like at the Hearing on March 1st when the guy said he'd open "the dresser drawer at night and pull out SB281" to defend himself with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom