• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ak74u

Nov 5, 2015
    St.Leonard
    Can anyone explain why Anderson AM-15 is listed as banned on the Reviewed Firearms List but it looks like MSP approves the sale of the Anderson AM-15 lowers, I see them for sale everywhere in MD. Is it ok to by Anderson AM-15 lowers?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It's probably banned in full configuration because it is not an HBAR rifle. The lower sold separately can be built with a compliant HBAR upper, so not banned.

NoFro

Aug 24, 2010
    Queen Anne's County
    Yes, Anderson builds rifles that are not Maryland compliant. If you get a lower you can build it in a number of legal configurations so lowers are good to go.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah , this insanity is small patatos compared to the Bushmaster vs Bushmaster situation.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I heard through a couple of Facebook groups about Anderson not drilling the buffer retainer hole in the right place. The buffer retainer is scratching the front of the buffer in some builds with their lowers. And I can now get AeroPrecision stripped lowers for the same price (locally) so screw Anderson :D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I heard through a couple of Facebook groups about Anderson not drilling the buffer retainer hole in the right place. The buffer retainer is scratching the front of the buffer in some builds with their lowers. And I can now get AeroPrecision stripped lowers for the same price (locally) so screw Anderson :D

Not in either of my Anderson lowers.

Not sure why you say screw them when you've "heard through a couple of Facebook groups" and don't have personal experience or it seeming to be a known issue here.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa

Gotta luv the Aero's. They make good stuff.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Not sure why you say screw them when you've "heard through a couple of Facebook groups" and don't have personal experience or it seeming to be a known issue here.

Well, it was Facebook...

I'm just saying.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014

I have an Anderson lower for a future project and I built a AR pistol with a Spike.
    I think the Anderson lower has a little rough finishes compare with the Spike Tactical.
    My 2 cents.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

Actually, having built about five lowers with the funny looking horse on it, I've had one do the buffer scratch thing. I've kept two, just not planning on purchasing more when the Aero (I've built a couple of lowers) have not had that problem.

Also, Anderson jacked the price up $20 per stripped lower a week before the election.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom