• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    From an article on MOM's push for gun control in the Post this morning.

Quote at the end of the article from Montgomery County Del. Kathleen Dumais..."......., Dumais sat at her desk, exhausted. In the future, she wondered, would there to be more to do?
    Perhaps there were other guns that needed to be included in the assault-weapons ban and others that should have the fingerprinting requirement.
    "Who knows?" the delegate said. Maybe that will be next year's bill."

We all know that they never stop until they ban everything.
    Maryland sucks and I'm stuck here. :mad54:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    She's waiting for the referendum to show that most Marylanders are in favor of more gun control. Then it won't matter how may people show up in protest, we will have proven that we are not the majority. She will have a mandate for stricter gun control, maybe even confiscation. It's what the people want. Constitution be damned. It's all about the majority.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    When I visited the office of one of my delegates I told her that banning assault weapons would do little to reduce gun crime since most crimes were committed with handguns. She said "well maybe we should ban them too!"

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    She's waiting for the referendum to show that most Marylanders are in favor of more gun control. Then it won't matter how may people show up in protest, we will have proven that we are not the majority. She will have a mandate for stricter gun control, maybe even confiscation. It's what the people want. Constitution be damned. It's all about the majority.

I couldn't agree more. A referendum would just give people extra time to buy toys, but we'd spend the time between 2014 and SCOTUS with an all out fingerprinting scheme and a full ban on semi autos.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

No, it's not about the majority ... it's about the ill-informed and stupid.

The ill-informed believe the fabricated meme, based on bogus polls and repeated lies; and the stupid will read the 'slanted question' that will be used in the referendum that is geared to garner one answer only, and vote in the affirmative.

There's another fight going on that is of a similar nature, and it's all about control too. But, it also plays into the gun-control debate.

Fox News reporter's dilemma should trouble all Americans

dhickey

Apr 4, 2013
    I've cringed every time I've seen or heard the words uttered "but handguns are most of the crime, not rifles." All that line does is give them the ability to next year say that "even the pro gun people admit handguns are the real problem so we need to work on that now."

Careful what is said to these legislators. It's a different world, one most of us are amateurs at working within.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I wonder what " others that should have the fingerprinting requirement"?

All that's left is the rifles and shotguns with traditional styling.

There was a guy shooting Milsurps at the AGC last week who was gloating about the fact SB281 didn't touch his guns.

---------------------------
    Edited to rephrase the rhetorical shortcut I used when I was in a hurry this morning.

Last edited:

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I've cringed every time I've seen or heard the words uttered "but handguns are most of the crime, not rifles." All that line does is give them the ability to next year say that "even the pro gun people admit handguns are the real problem so we need to work on that now."

Careful what is said to these legislators. It's a different world, one most of us are amateurs at working within.

Handgun bans are already out according to Heller and McDonald, they know they can't go there.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

I understand what you're saying and have thought the same myself but its not like its a secret. Gun crimes in Maryland have two common characteristics: they are committed with a handgun and the other one no one has the nerve to address head on to help find a meaningful solution.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    How is it that because inner city folks can't control themselves laws can be made to control us all? It is a regulation nation!

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD

It's not so much that we are amateurs, it the fact that most of us are reasoning and reasonable people that expect the same of others. The simple fact is that these zealots can not be reasoned with. When dealing with these legislators we need to say loud, clear, and simply NO!

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    From an article on MOM's push for gun control in the Post this morning.

Quote at the end of the article from Montgomery County Del. Kathleen Dumais..."......., Dumais sat at her desk, exhausted. In the future, she wondered, would there to be more to do?
    Perhaps there were other guns that needed to be included in the assault-weapons ban and others that should have the fingerprinting requirement.

"Who knows?" the delegate said. Maybe that will be next year's bill."

We all know that they never stop until they ban everything.
    Maryland sucks and I'm stuck here. :mad54:

They call us paranoid when we evoke incrementalism, but these a$$holes are letting the cat out of the bag....

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I'm constantly amazed that so many people here think we can reason and use logic with our opponents. That is what the historians will look back upon as our fatal flaw, that we sought to reason with the unreasonable.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I'm constantly amazed that so many people here think we can reason and use logic with our opponents. That is what the historians will look back upon as our fatal flaw, that we sought to reason with the unreasonable.

Minor edit

We CAN reason and use logic AGAINST our opponents.

P.S. thank you mods!

*** Feels like I'm at the MVA with number 1,852,673 and the announcer just said "Now serving number 12" ***

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Everyone relax, they cant confiscate without compensation so you will atleast get your money back. Also they wont ban everything semi automatic, and Heller defends your right to own a "commonly used" handgun in your own home. It will just be harder, like mandatory registration, fees per firearm, perhaps insurance. Its easier to ban/make more expensive everything around guns than it is to ban the gun. Also confiscation will rally conservatives across the country so the DNC will make sure they hold off till after the 2016 election, to make sure the conservative base isnt riled up for the Presidential race.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    The battle isn't for shifting the opinions of our opponents, it's for the general public whose opinions are being shaped by a concerted and organized propaganda effort.

Reason and logic are the tools used to counter that organized effort.

Tell me then, what are the alternatives? What do you propose?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Everyone relax, they cant confiscate without compensation so you will atleast get your money back. Also they wont ban everything semi automatic, and Heller defends your right to own a "commonly used" handgun in your own home. It will just be harder, like mandatory registration, fees per firearm, perhaps insurance. Its easier to ban/make more expensive everything around guns than it is to ban the gun. Also confiscation will rally conservatives across the country so the DNC will make sure they hold off till after the 2016 election, to make sure the conservative base isnt riled up for the Presidential race.

Get my money back? I don't want my money back, I don't want confiscation of my legally acquired property to begin with. F$ck these people.

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sickening.

It's obvious to me "they" will do whatever it takes to get their aggenda through, legal or not, moral or not. "the end justifies the means"...

I mean no disrespect to those wanting a referendum, but I think that would be a big fat fail.

The general public in MD does not know the facts, and believes the lies and spin. I've personally encountered several examples of this. And each time when the true facts are provided, and the story of some elected officials disgusting disregard for "we the people" and our rights that I witnessed down in Annapolis is told, they are stunned.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    People today don't respond well to logic and reasoning. Emotion is what works well, especially with those 30 and under.

The other fact is, in MD we are a minority, period. We aren't going to change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom