• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7's

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 22, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    Just received this email in my inbox, possibly something to do with me purchasing my hunting licenses on-line through the DNR website............

February 7, 2013

Dear Friend,

I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources' latest Junior Waterfowl Hunting Day, which takes place this Saturday, February 9. Junior Hunting Days provide wonderful opportunities for young hunters and their adult mentors to get outside and enjoy the proud tradition of hunting in Maryland.

Hunting is a part of our history and is woven into the fabric of our State’s culture. We appreciate everything you and all other conservation-minded hunters do for Maryland.

I also want to take this opportunity to address you directly about the proposal we recently introduced to reduce gun violence. Our goal is to enact common sense proposals to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, and to try to reduce the risk of a mass shooting like the one that occurred in Newtown.

Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That's why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill.

This bill will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience.

Good luck on Saturday and I look forward to hearing your stories from the field.

Sincerely,

Martin O’Malley
    Governor

:sad20: :lol:

Winchester_guy87

Mar 2, 2011
    Odenton
    "This bill will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience."

WOW! Sounds like a load of BS to me from what I have read in the House and Senate Bills....

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Just received this email in my inbox, possibly something to do with me purchasing my hunting licenses on-line through the DNR website............

February 7, 2013

Dear Friend,

I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources' latest Junior Waterfowl Hunting Day, which takes place this Saturday, February 9. Junior Hunting Days provide wonderful opportunities for young hunters and their adult mentors to get outside and enjoy the proud tradition of hunting in Maryland.

Hunting is a part of our history and is woven into the fabric of our State’s culture. We appreciate everything you and all other conservation-minded hunters do for Maryland.

I also want to take this opportunity to address you directly about the proposal we recently introduced to reduce gun violence. Our goal is to enact common sense proposals to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, and to try to reduce the risk of a mass shooting like the one that occurred in Newtown.

Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That's why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill.

This bill will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience.

Good luck on Saturday and I look forward to hearing your stories from the field.

Sincerely,

Martin O’Malley
    Governor

... and I would like to put an adjustable stock on my remington 1187 slug gun with a thumb hole grip so that my daughter can hold it properly, but I cant! Why? Because it will be classified as an assault weapon under this new legislation: no semi-auto shotgun with a thumb hole grip and an adjustable stock.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County

February 7, 2013

Dear Friend,

Sincerely,

Martin O’Malley
    Governor

That's ok then. This bill is about handguns ONLY. I was confused, now am clear.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Divide and conquer. An ancient tactic, but still successful if you fall for it.

For any hunters who aren't worried: After everything else has been banned and somebody commits a crime with a shotgun, some politician will cry, "If only one life is saved by banning shotguns, it's worth it."

Same argument.

amonch

Feb 2, 2010
    Howard County
    I did throw up. Wow, it’s almost entrapment…SB281 makes it illegal for anyone who cannot own a regulated firearm to posses ANY ammunition. So if you are a “Junior” ( my guess under 21) you are not allowed to own regulated firearm thus you can’t possess ANY ammunition… what are you hunting with?

freeman

Feb 6, 2013
    If we will be required to get background checks to obtain a lisence you can be sure the investigation will reveal all crimes commited by the applicant. The fact that moving violations are crime you could be denied the license or worse have the police take the weapons . They have no checks in place to stop abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom