• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Well since the manufacturer sells it just as a "parts kit," one could complete the "kit" with whatever parts they choose, including a pistol brace in lieu of the wire stock. Basically, I'm not seeing how the configuration the seller is selling the "parts kit" n has any relevance, as the wire stock is just one of many parts contained within their "parts kit."

Just my $0.02

Agree. IANAL, but putting a stock on a not-a-firearm shouldn't affect it as a firearm.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    It should be legal if you built it into a pistol. Replace the wire stock, with a tube and a pistol brace, and your good to go. A pistol can have as long a barrel as you want. You could easily shorten the barrel if you wanted as well.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I'd love to see the ATF letter on this. I could not find it on their site. That configuration is vastly past the "firearm" letters I have seen for AK receivers in the past.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What is very strange is that there are no traceable markings that could establish a build date.

It’s probably not going to be THAT difficult for a particularly knowledgeable ATF firearms branch technician to figure out it was an 80% and then figure out who’s and then figure out the 80% wasn’t made until well after 2013 and thus couldn’t be a legal pre- 10/2013 AK.

ATF has a sample of the the thing.

Remember the old phrase, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I do like the idea of getting one for a form 1 SBR. Out of curiosity, anyone know how well an AK functions if the barrel is cut down slightly. Say cut back to 15.25” and threaded. I’d assume the slight loss in barrel length probably wouldn’t effect cycling. Make it easy if I ever moved out of this state to pin and weld on a muzzle device, send a note to the ATF and tear up my tax stamp.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I do like the idea of getting one for a form 1 SBR. Out of curiosity, anyone know how well an AK functions if the barrel is cut down slightly. Say cut back to 15.25” and threaded. I’d assume the slight loss in barrel length probably wouldn’t effect cycling. Make it easy if I ever moved out of this state to pin and weld on a muzzle device, send a note to the ATF and tear up my tax stamp.

AKs are pretty overgassed as they are, so you'll be fine. People cut barrels even lower without having to change the gas port with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom