• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Finally after a very dreading wait for my papers to come back not disapproved i picked it up today bought 20 cartidges just for now...my question is can i buy ammo via internet and have it ordered to my house? or this is prohibited in maryland?

zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    Yes you can order ammo online. It's not any easier to find it there though, at least not at a good price.

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    ammoseek.com

Another site like gunbot.net that finds the available stock on various websites. It has more search features.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    There is a thread about this. I recall the county got trumped, either by state preemption, or the courts. Search this forum. I get ammo delivered to my door all the time.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Indeed, search is our friend...

Please tell us who these dealers are, so we can contact them and correct the problem.

Both Montgomery county and the city of Annapolis have "passed laws" prohibiting sales of ammunition, which is why many dealers won't ship there.

In Maryland, these local "laws" are explicitly pre-empted by STATE law, so they are invalid. But, some dealers don't know this.

It's a bit like your neighbor Bob passing his own "law" to prevent you from driving past his house, only somewhat less amusing.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Kyle's Gun Shop is one that does not ship to either of the mentioned cities. I imagine if someone contacted him about it that the issue could be clarified and possibly fixed.

OP, I get most of my ammo online like many here. Sadly, we are all in the same boat. There are tons of sellers, all of which are out of mainstream calibers. 5.56/.223 and 9mm are arguably the most in demand yet have the smallest supply (the military uses 5.56 and 9mm extensively). I'm subscribed to about 2,500 products (and growing) on over 150-200 websites that notify you when ammo is in stock. Thus far I've gotten slightly under than 10 notifications, and these products sell out in a period of a few minutes. So if you sign up for notifications on common ammo, as soon as you get the notification you have to literally drop what you are doing and type like a mad man. It's a bad time to buy ammo and so as of today, you have to spend a lot of time watching, subscribing to companies, monitoring this thread among others, and you will have to act fast and often pay a bit (to a lot [which I don't advise]) more. Many companies do case discounts with free shipping but as of late, purchases have been restricted to as little as 2 boxes of one caliber by some companies, often meaning higher shipping charges. It's a tough situation :(

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Some of the online distributors send their ammo out in the original packaging. I had 500 rds of 44 Mag delivered and the box was clearly marked as containing 44 Mag ammo. I considered I was lucky that it actually made it to my door. My 1000 Rds of 5.56 (ordered before the "shortage") was double wrapped with no visible indicator of what was inside the package. I've ordered quite a bit of ammo from internet based distributors without any problem.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    ... I'm subscribed to about 2,500 products (and growing) on over 150-200 websites that notify you when ammo is in stock. Thus far I've gotten slightly under than 10 notifications, and these products sell out in a period of a few minutes. So if you sign up for notifications on common ammo, as soon as you get the notification you have to literally drop what you are doing and type like a mad man. ...

I have done the same thing. I have received a few alerts in the middle of the night with in-stock alert emails. I keep a laptop and my wallet near the bed to take advantage of certain items I'm trying to get at a decent price. Most of the time the items are gone within 5-10 minutes of receiving the email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom