• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I actually sold off 500 rounds of PMC .223 Bronze for what I paid for it ($.50/rd) then 2 days later wandered into my local Walmart and found 3 100 rd boxes of Fed .223 for $36/each (actually had 5 left but we all know the 3 box limit). 2 weeks ago I managed to find 450 rounds of 9mm between 2 WMs. So the ammo shortage is easing some. I notice prices are down some at PSA and CTD.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    There are a lot of places really sticking to this 1 box value pack limit. I was in Bass Pro the other night and found some 9mm 100 rd vp's for 28 bucks with tax included. They allowed me one box, and that was it, which left more on the shelf for the next guy. Which I don't mind, because I buy to shoot not horde and this helps shooters, not hoarders. I don't know about you all, but I would prefer to shoot on a regular basis, and do it without breaking the bank. Is it inconvenient being limited to one value pack? You could say so, sure no doubt. Or is it even more inconvenient to stop at that same store and leave with nothing because people who are not even shooting are buying it all to resell or hoard? I prefer to leave with ammo in hand to shoot, so right now I'm good with the limitations.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    There are a lot of places really sticking to this 1 box value pack limit. I was in Bass Pro the other night and found some 9mm 100 rd vp's for 28 bucks with tax included. They allowed me one box, and that was it, which left more on the shelf for the next guy. Which I don't mind, because I buy to shoot not horde and this helps shooters, not hoarders. I don't know about you all, but I would prefer to shoot on a regular basis, and do it without breaking the bank. Is it inconvenient being limited to one value pack? You could say so, sure no doubt. Or is it even more inconvenient to stop at that same store and leave with nothing because people who are not even shooting are buying it all to resell or hoard? I prefer to leave with ammo in hand to shoot, so right now I'm good with the limitations.

:thumbsup:

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

For the last three days, Cabela's doesn't have a limit on the number of Win Value pack in .45.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Ammunition/Handgun-Ammunition|/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104372280/Winchester-USA-Value-Pack-Handgun-Ammunition/705872.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fhandgun-ammunition%2F_%2FN-1100189%2B4294741528%2FNe-4294741528%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104372280%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104792580%253Bcat104691780%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU%26avad%3D125041_a49d6069&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104691780%3Bcat104372280

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    CTD no limit on Hornady .25 XTP $17 a box, about the same as a year ago

Except many people will not give Cheaper Than Gold any business at all. Due to there SERIOUS gouging over the past few months.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Not that I bought a ton from CTD, but will never buy from them again. I have not even been to their site in 3 months due to their gouging.

Sirex