• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Hey guys, im planning my M&P 10 purchase soon but currently stocking heavy on ammunition for my current guns and future soon purchases... I was wondering if you guys could tell me what different calibers will M&P10s will shoot aside from .308 so I can start buying now....thanks

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    damn and i see for $18-$22 for a box of 20rds..... yea that gun will pretty much only come out for extreme long range out door shooting.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Hey guys, im planning my M&P 10 purchase soon but currently stocking heavy on ammunition for my current guns and future soon purchases... I was wondering if you guys could tell me what different calibers will M&P10s will shoot aside from .308 so I can start buying now....thanks

Stocking heavy, now, in this climate? Unless we need it right now to shoot, my friends and I are setting our ammo buying money aside and when things settle down, we'll get twice as much ammo for the same $$. We're not going to reward the gougers!

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Stocking heavy, now, in this climate? Unless we need it right now to shoot, my friends and I are setting our ammo buying money aside and when things settle down, we'll get twice as much ammo for the same $$. We're not going to reward the gougers!

yea thats a good way to look at things.... too bad there is no exact date of "when things settle down" will take place...

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    My policy is buy only at pre-panic prices when they become available. Cabelas recently had a 50 cal ammo can with 2100 rounds of Federal 22LR for $99. That is a decent deal.

I bartered 1575 rounds of the same for 80 rounds of .308 Hornady Match ammo. No bad considering the 22LR cost me less than $60.

Based on your original post, I would suggest knowing the ammo your weapon of choice is chambered for before you plunk your Federal Reserve Notes down. You might have done better with a VEPR which is semi auto and shoots much cheaper and more plentiful 7.62x54R (similar ballistics to 30-06).

Just my 2 cents.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    My policy is buy only at pre-panic prices when they become available. Cabelas recently had a 50 cal ammo can with 2100 rounds of Federal 22LR for $99. That is a decent deal.

I bartered 1575 rounds of the same for 80 rounds of .308 Hornady Match ammo. No bad considering the 22LR cost me less than $60.

Based on your original post, I would suggest knowing the ammo your weapon of choice is chambered for before you plunk your Federal Reserve Notes down. You might have done better with a VEPR which is semi auto and shoots much cheaper and more plentiful 7.62x54R (similar ballistics to 30-06).

Just my 2 cents.

hmm I dont really like the looks of those, what are my other options in that caliber? in the end I just want a good AR with long range shooting capabilities of 1000 yards

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    hmm I dont really like the looks of those, what are my other options in that caliber? in the end I just want a good AR with long range shooting capabilities of 1000 yards

Google 7.62x54R semi and see what pops up.

You will be hard pressed to get 1000 yards out of an AR10 in .308 unless it's a highly customized, very expensive SAPR. If you want more precision at that distance, get a bolt gun. That is, unless you have tons of money.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Google 7.62x54R semi and see what pops up.

You will be hard pressed to get 1000 yards out of an AR10 in .308 unless it's a highly customized, very expensive SAPR. If you want more precision at that distance, get a bolt gun. That is, unless you have tons of money.

yea thats the idea... it will be my long range project riffle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom