• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 7, 2008
    Arnold MD
    OK I have been thinking about buy a case of 9mm ammo for my P95. I am looking on line and have found some Wolf "made in Russia" ammo for what I think is a pretty good price. Any thoughts on this brand or what is a good brand for just recreational shooting?

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Dicks sporting goods has a pretty decent sale on remington UMC this week. 8.98 per box when you buy a case of 10 boxes.

I've used wolf in the past, no feeding, cycling or premature wear issues. Just dirty and inaccurate.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I almost solely run wolf through my p95
    just be sure to clean it well as build up on the feed ramp can lead to some feed issues intill its cleaned.

buy it by the 900 round tuna can or the 1000 round plastic ammo can from cabelas usually.

for home defense I really like the wolf 146gr hollow points - they have more of a push than a pop when fired but I also have some magtec +p's

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    I have fired around twenty thousand rds. of 9mm.,.40S&W and .45 a,c,p, Wolf. They all went bang and hit where I was pointing. As far as dirty, normal cleaning took care of that.......Terry

julyccc

Sep 4, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    OK I have been thinking about buy a case of 9mm ammo for my P95. I am looking on line and have found some Wolf "made in Russia" ammo for what I think is a pretty good price. Any thoughts on this brand or what is a good brand for just recreational shooting?

if you want to buy a case wait for the VA gun show

Oct 7, 2008
    Arnold MD
    Thanks all for the info. About the cleaning, I have alittle case of OCD :innocent0 about cleaning so that is not an issue. I plan on going to the VA show. In Chantily right?

Alittle OT but what are the laws about buying a gun in another state? Looking for a .22 handgun for my wife.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    All out of state deals must go through an FFL.

Unregulated long guns may be purchased 'cash & carry' (and NICS & 4473) directly from an out of state FFL.

Regulated long guns and handguns can be purchased out of state, but you cannot take possession there. The selling FFL must ship the regulated long gun or handgun to your Maryland FFL, who will do the Maryland Form 77R with the MSP, then the waiting period, then the NICS & 4473 upon pickup.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    ive bought long guns out of the state i was a resident of...you just cant buy pistols out of state unless you get a FFL to transfer from the state you are buying in to the FFL in the state you are a resident of...walmart has some weird rules about long guns....depending on the state you go to...

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007

I have shot 2k rounds of wolf through my P6 and P226 They both ate all of it no problem. Real dirty ammo but, no misfires.
    I used to buy 100 rnds of WWB when it was 11.95 at walmart. It is dirty ammo too.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I have shot 2k rounds of wolf through my P6 and P226 They both ate all of it no problem. Real dirty ammo but, no misfires.
    I used to buy 100 rnds of WWB when it was 11.95 at walmart. It is dirty ammo too.

dont get the yellow box ammo from walmart...very random loads one fires like a dud the other like a magnum....I was actually scared my revolver would blow up shooting it...i think its reloaded ammo or something...whatever the problem is i only bought it once! CCI ammo is good

Oct 7, 2008
    Arnold MD
    All out of state deals must go through an FFL.

Unregulated long guns may be purchased 'cash & carry' (and NICS & 4473) directly from an out of state FFL.

Regulated long guns and handguns can be purchased out of state, but you cannot take possession there. The selling FFL must ship the regulated long gun or handgun to your Maryland FFL, who will do the Maryland Form 77R with the MSP, then the waiting period, then the NICS & 4473 upon pickup.

k, do I have to notify a dealer in my area 1st? Never done this before so I am not sure how it works.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    k, do I have to notify a dealer in my area 1st? Never done this before so I am not sure how it works.

for ammo no....if you are buying a gun from out of state get it transfered to a local gun store they or you send a copy of their FFL to whoever you are buying the gun from and the guy you are buying from sends the gun to where you are going to pick it up from...pay the fees and purchase price+waiting period then the gun is yours

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ive bought long guns out of the state i was a resident of...you just cant buy pistols out of state unless you get a FFL to transfer from the state you are buying in to the FFL in the state you are a resident of...walmart has some weird rules about long guns....depending on the state you go to...
    WalMart "policy" is not state or federal law, all we really have to comply with . . . shop elsewhere.
    It is a good idea to discuss the details of receiving firearms with your local FFL of choice before buying across state lines.

Many will have high transfer fees, up to $50, and any money you might save can be quickly eroded. Dealers will often not want to assist with a transfer of a firearm they stock or can order themselves, which is reasonable.

There is also the fired casing requirement that *may* be applied to a brand new firearm through another dealer, and the firearm cannot be on Maryland's banned list, like an AR-15 pistol, for example.

The only way it is usually worth buying a regulated firearm across state lines is if you're shopping for something that is not normally encountered, like a used model, a special "collector's item" and/or if you find a private party selling a firearm for substantially less than they sell for locally.
    for ammo no..
    True, and as posted above, no regulation of any ammo. Cash and carry everywhere if you meet minimum age requirements. Some stores might have differing "policy" and/or wish to record your private information for purchases, but you are free to shop elsewhere.
    ..if you are buying a gun from out of state get it transfered to a local gun store they or you send a copy of their FFL to whoever you are buying the gun from and the guy you are buying from sends the gun to where you are going to pick it up from...pay the fees and purchase price+waiting period then the gun is yours
    Sometimes, the commercial sellers will already have dealt with your local shop and will have their FFL on file. Ask them. You can always buy the firearm on the spot, pay in full, then come home and arrange for your local FFL to receive it. Give him contact info for your seller, and they can usually iron it out quickly between themselves.

Being in Arnold, I'd suggest checking with Larry at Bay Country Guns (or whatever he's calling it these days). If your business takes you to areas north of Baltimore, PM Zoostation and ask him the name of his FFL, who still does transfers for $25 or $35 plus the $10 MSP fee.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom