• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    So there is an online website called Bucking Horse Outpost that sells ammo. They are legit. I have bought from them before. I get emails now from them when they have sales. Recently I have been seeing ammo they are selling that is labeled as "Police Trade-in Ammo". Can someone explain exactly what that means???? It is obviously ammo they got from the police somewhere. I am guessing Police call only have ammo that is a certain timeframe old and after that they have to get new ammo. I have some concerns about buying the stuff. Who here knows about this and can explain it for me/us?

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    So there is an online website called Bucking Horse Outpost that sells ammo. They are legit. I have bought from them before. I get emails now from them when they have sales. Recently I have been seeing ammo they are selling that is labeled as "Police Trade-in Ammo". Can someone explain exactly what that means???? It is obviously ammo they got from the police somewhere. I am guessing Police call only have ammo that is a certain timeframe old and after that they have to get new ammo. I have some concerns about buying the stuff. Who here knows about this and can explain it for me/us?
    Could be an expiration thing, I suppose, but more likely it's that the department swapped to a different type of round, or maybe even a different caliber? Just curious, what is it, specifically? Wouldn't be surprised if they started ditching JHPs for Frangible ammo, for instance.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    $109 for 250 rounds of Federal HST 147gr 9mm. I think that is a pretty good deal. Comes loose in a ammo can.
    That is a steal, buy 500 for $220 and get free shipping. Those are like pre-Covid prices on it. They’ve either switched manufacturers or grain and traded it in for a credit, can’t be sold new so it gets resold to these places. I’d feel comfortable buying it.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    That is a steal, buy 500 for $220 and get free shipping. Those are like pre-Covid prices on it. They’ve either switched manufacturers or grain and traded it in for a credit, can’t be sold new so it gets resold to these places. I’d feel comfortable buying it.
    If Jon is saying it’s a good deal, then it’s a good deal!

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I think so too. But I already have 500 rounds of it and that should be plenty as my self defense ammo. I don't shoot the good stuff at the range.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think so too. But I already have 500 rounds of it and that should be plenty as my self defense ammo. I don't shoot the good stuff at the range.
    If you’re carrying it doesn’t hurt to shoot a mag of what you’ve been lugging around and put in a fresh mag once in awhile, not saying you have to go through a box or two. Just my .02 cents.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    They have several different calipers available. The stuff I was looking at was Federal HST 9mm.
    BA49BA65-6960-4F97-AAF3-AF7C9CFA54ED.jpeg
    :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom