• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    What is itargetpro?
    It’s a system for dry-fire practice but you can get a real assessment of your shooting without hitting a range. You just miss out on recoil and followup shots. Basically you get a laser pointer device that goes in your chamber and it doesn’t have a rim so the extractor doesn’t pull it out when you rack the slide. Your firing pin hits a button that activates the laser. There’s a sled that you put your phone on and the camera looks at a real target and plots your shots. I’ve been doing daily practice with this thing at home, always drawing from a holster for each shot, and I can see noticeable steady improvement. It runs about $100 and they deliver pretty fast.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    It’s a system for dry-fire practice but you can get a real assessment of your shooting without hitting a range. You just miss out on recoil and followup shots. Basically you get a laser pointer device that goes in your chamber and it doesn’t have a rim so the extractor doesn’t pull it out when you rack the slide. Your firing pin hits a button that activates the laser. There’s a sled that you put your phone on and the camera looks at a real target and plots your shots. I’ve been doing daily practice with this thing at home, always drawing from a holster for each shot, and I can see noticeable steady improvement. It runs about $100 and they deliver pretty fast.

Shit I’ll have to look into that! Does it work for rifles or just hand guns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    https://www.itargetpro.com/

As long as they have your caliber, looks like it’s mostly handgun except for 223. Not sure there would be much benefit for rifle training and I bet revolver would be a PITA (maybe need a half dozen bullets in that case), but it’s great for striker-fired pistols.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    https://www.itargetpro.com/

As long as they have your caliber, looks like it’s mostly handgun except for 223. Not sure there would be much benefit for rifle training and I bet revolver would be a PITA (maybe need a half dozen bullets in that case), but it’s great for striker-fired pistols.

Nice, and Brownells has polymer80 lowers with jigs for $69 right now

Jul 16, 2020
    I and several friends have been using G-Sight for awhile now and they're running $60 on their website for the 9mm version. It comes with a big pack of batteries that will last you for a long, long, long time as well. The only issue I've run into is burning out O-rings if you swap it out a lot, like I used to do on my daily carry gun. But they're easy enough to find at hardware stores.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Someone told me about that Bass Pro when I was at AAFG - you have to be at the store right when they open or you’ll be SOL.

Ya I’ve noticed and it’s frustrating cause the website will say in stock and then you go to check out and it says it’s not in stock and then when you go to check the page again it still says in stock. But I got a case of steel cases 223 from Brownells coming because I got the in stock email and immediately ordered it.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Ya I’ve noticed and it’s frustrating cause the website will say in stock and then you go to check out and it says it’s not in stock and then when you go to check the page again it still says in stock. But I got a case of steel cases 223 from Brownells coming because I got the in stock email and immediately ordered it.

BassPro/Cabela's sites list items as "new" that are actually discontinued. I wouldn't trust their site anymore than you would trust a used car salesman.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    BassPro/Cabela's sites list items as "new" that are actually discontinued. I wouldn't trust their site anymore than you would trust a used car salesman.

Just because a product was discontinued by its manufacturer does not mean you can't find a new one at a retailer. IIRC, the phrase is "new old stock." It must be unsold, unused, etc. If you purchase it, you'll be the first purchaser of that specific item.

Case in point: About four years ago I was in a tackle shop and stumbled on a pair of Costa Del Mar sunglasses that were discontinued around 2008. The dusty, sealed box just sat in the retailer's cabinet for at least eight years before I bought them. Opening the box was sort of like opening a little time capsule.

I was thrilled to find them because that particular model fits me perfectly. I had just broken the hinge on the pair I acquired in 1995 and, despite Costa's lifetime warranty, they couldn't repair them. They instead offered me a replacement pair from their then-current line.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Has anyone ordered ammo from JG sales? Right now my favorite place to get ammo is sgammo.

https://www.jgsales.com
    if it's this place I have, but it's been 4 or 5 years since I last did so. They used to send you a catalog every so often after ordering from them. I still get emails from them. I never had any thing bad to say about them and prices were reasonable at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom