• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rojetski

Feb 15, 2008
    What is the best place to purchase the 7.62 round for the nagant. I have also heard that you can use 32 SW long. Has anybody use that ammo for thier nagant?

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    i have read that the 32 will work. I did see specific ammo availible at the dulles show. may want to try york this weekend or harrisburg

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    What is the best place to purchase the 7.62 round for the nagant. I have also heard that you can use 32 SW long. Has anybody use that ammo for thier nagant?
    I have fired .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long and with a conversion cylinder .32 ACP. I can say that the lead buildup on the cylinder pin sleeve and the part of the barell the cylinder is supposed to rest on become with what I am sure of was lead and this happened rather quick.
    Using .32 H&R magnum I hear can lead to dangerous lead spitting from the cylinder gaps on some Nagants, but not all I hear.

Shooting the Nagant ammo out of it is a treat because the gun just doesn't seem to get dirty. You can order Hot Shot Nagant ammo for about $22 a box before shipping costs online from a few places. It is more powerful than the Russian target ammo, but not much. If you plan on reloading, then the $22 dollars a box may not be too bad and I hear most cases can be reloaded at least once or twice.

Warning, you may as well stay away from Fiochii Nagant. They, or their retailers, overprice their product ridiculously. I have seen prices range from $30 a box to $45 a box online over the past few years.

If you like to reload, then don't expect to reload the .32 S&W, .32 S&W long or the .32 H&R magnum after firing in the Nagant because the cylinder chambers are not designed for them.
    Not sure about reloading the .32 ACP with the conversion cylinder though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom