• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    After the sales pitch was about over I advised that the ABA is still very anti Second Amendment and so I would not be able to join at this time.

She then did the usual "the best way to change the bla bla bla is from within . . ." to which I politely replied that the best thing for the USA at this time, as far as the ABA is concerned, would be for the ABA to go out of business. She politely wished me a nice day and the call ended.

I get these calls annually as do the rest of the lawyers on this board I suspect. As the ABA has recently opined that gun bans (evil "assault weapons") don't violation the Constitution, I urge all of you to respond to their sales pitches politely and appropriately.

Same goes for whatever trade association is associated with what you do for a living.

Why support the enemy?

Chris T.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    That's about the same thing I told them. But prior to the annual pitch, I was a member. Then they published some nonsense anainst the 2A and I wrote them a nasty letter and quit. I'll post my letter if I can find it.
    "Change from within" - that's pretty funny!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    After the sales pitch was about over I advised that the ABA is still very anti Second Amendment and so I would not be able to join at this time.

She then did the usual "the best way to change the bla bla bla is from within . . ." to which I politely replied that the best thing for the USA at this time, as far as the ABA is concerned, would be for the ABA to go out of business. She politely wished me a nice day and the call ended.

I get these calls annually as do the rest of the lawyers on this board I suspect. As the ABA has recently opined that gun bans (evil "assault weapons") don't violation the Constitution, I urge all of you to respond to their sales pitches politely and appropriately.

Same goes for whatever trade association is associated with what you do for a living.

Why support the enemy?

Chris T.

I am not a lawyer but I AGREE with you 100%

thanks!!!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

And leftists are trying really hard to redefine "assault weapon" to mean any semi-automatic gun. To hell with the ABA and like-minded comrades.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I thought you had to be a member of the bar to practice law?

You have to be a member of your state bar association to practice with the exception of a few states. I am a member of the CA and Hawaii Bar. the CA bar used member money for years to promote left wing causes. At least in theory you are allowed to opt out of donating due to a number of lawsuits over the years. The ABA is a national organization that acts as a lobbying group and writes guidelines for state bar associations to adopt if they want to e.g. they write a template ethic guidelines that most states have adopted.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    First time I heard of ABA. All these abcd suffix associations sold to various professions are all a bunch of crap. For architects it is AIA

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The American Bar Association has <400,000 members, out of over 1.2 million lawyers in the U.S. That's less than 1/3. (3% :lol:)

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Why support the enemy?

Chris T.

Amen. I resigned my membership years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom