• ...and so much more!
  • Guderian

Mar 31, 2011

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I just called them up a couple weeks ago, told them to go to hell/piss up a rope and cancel my membership effective immediately. I also cut my card up and mailed it back to them. Childish, maybe, but I don't really care what they think of me.

I know I wasn't be only one to do this because of their "official" stance on gun control.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    There are an estimated 1-3 Million AR-15s in the United States. Add in assorted military style semiautos and I'd guess that the numbers would be not less than 5 million in total and possibly as many as 30 million or more if Mini-14s, BARs, and other "politically correct" semiautos are included. It may even rise to as much as 100 million or more if any firearm capable of taking a magazine of greater than 10 rounds is included. Clearly, these are "firearms in common use." Furthermore, if the standard is "firearms suitable for militia service," the AR-15 is the definitive ideal of a paramilitary rifle - semiautomatic, widely available, and functionally similar to military service rifles.

The ABA's point of view is willful ignorance combined with opinion, not an argument based on case law. Screw 'em.

baltimorelaw

Mar 27, 2009
    Guys,

I'm a lawyer, a member of the ABA, and I just saw this BS:

http://www.abajournal.com/mobile/ar...ro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_email

http://www.abanow.org/wordpress/wp-content/files_flutter/13595562602013jan30_gunviolence_t.pdf

Any MD Shooters want to figure out a response together? I'm thinking of contacting the people at the end of the statement to register my disagreement, but I think it's better if we have numbers.

Let me know.

I'm an attorney as well and will be canceling my membership this upcoming week. I don't understand why organizations who are composed of a huge cross-section of people across the country, like the ABA, can't just stay neutral....

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I just called them up a couple weeks ago, told them to go to hell/piss up a rope and cancel my membership effective immediately. I also cut my card up and mailed it back to them. Childish, maybe, but I don't really care what they think of me.

I know I wasn't be only one to do this because of their "official" stance on gun control.

Good for you. I hope others have the courage to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom