• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Boresighting with any gadget is less effective than old school looking down the bore , IF it is possible with your particular firearms .

But I can't say that boresighting gadgets are completely useless . Getting on the paper at 25yds is definitely better than not .

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    In my opinion every single one of these laser bore sighters, I don't care who makes them, are crap. Seriously, learn how to properly bore-sight by eye or just sight in a rifle in general. It's amazingly simple, yet so many people seem to struggle to even approach the idea of sighting in their own stuff.

Being able to sight in your rifle is a basic skill everyone who owns firearms should have. All you need is a basic sandbag rest, or you can even just use your range bag as a rest. Shoot at 25 yards to get on paper within a few inches of your aiming point, back it out to 50 and do the same thing and then to 100. All of my red dot equipped rifles rock a 50 meter zero, though.

In due time you will be sighting in your rifles within 6 shots or less.

I can do it in 3 - 5 shots max. :D

But another proponent of sighting down the bore if possible.

If you can't look down the bore, you can get close just looking down the side of the barrel. To at least get on paper. And if you aren't sure, start at 10 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom