• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I took the Maryland Police Training "course" back in 2011. Can someone inform me or refresh my memory. But since I took the handgun course back in 2011 "Am I OK"? As far a 1.not having to take the class over again
    2.getting finger printed in other words poked,pronged and put on the internet

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    If you already handgun yes but no regardless you have to get finger printed along with a nice squat and cough

And friendly finger probing.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    If you are talking about post-10/1, you are not ok. The course will be totally different... Plus the other req'ts like fingerprinting, finger-probing, etc.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If you've purchased a regulated firearm in MD, then you will be exempt from the training portion. You will still have to be fingerprinted and violated in every other way imaginable by the State, however.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    If you've purchased a regulated firearm in MD, then you will be exempt from the training portion. You will still have to be fingerprinted and violated in every other way imaginable by the State, however.

Can you point me to this? I don't recall seeing it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Can you point me to this? I don't recall seeing it.
    here. I removed the irrelevent portions

(D) (E) AN APPLICANT FOR A HANDGUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE IS 20
    NOT REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A FIREARMS SAFETY TRAINING COURSE UNDER 21
    SUBSECTION (C) (D) OF THIS SECTION IF THE APPLICANT: 22

(6) LAWFULLY OWNS A REGULATED FIREARM. 16

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Here's a related question. If you have a carry permit, SB 281 states that the MSP may issue a HQL without additional applications or fees. How would I as a permit holder ask for one? Wouldn't a letter requesting one be considered an application?:confused:

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    They havent finished the process yet but you would have to get the hql because its an inconvenience there hoping it will deter you from buying more evil handguns

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Ty spc . Still need answers to first tho. As for two, i see no ccw or Leo employment in my future, so i guess i needn't worry.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Ty spc . Still need answers to first tho. As for two, i see no ccw or Leo employment in my future, so i guess i needn't worry.

The first refers humorously to the groin exam everyone who applies for an HQL will get in order to qualify. Fingerprints, photos, training, background check, etc. The only thing the MSP won't be doing is asking you to drop your drawers, look to the side and cough. You are familiar with hernia exams, right?

Feb 28, 2013
    The first refers humorously to the groin exam everyone who applies for an HQL will get in order to qualify. Fingerprints, photos, training, background check, etc. The only thing the MSP won't be doing is asking you to drop your drawers, look to the side and cough. You are familiar with hernia exams, right?

And if all that ******** wasn't bad enough, after all that you still have go through the same damn background check you go through now when you go to buy a pistol. :mad54:

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    If they are going to get fingerprints every purchase and not just a one time ,keep for the record fingerprints, they are totally trying to waste time and money........ours.No ands ifs or buts.......total scam a tion

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Thats why you buy everything you can now and bail after 10/1. Me, personally, I can wait until I leave this effin state to buy more guns.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

I don't think photos will be required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom