• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    Yeah, I got a little spooked today. I'm in the process of selling 1k rds of 7.62x39 HP ammo off of ARMSLIST.com right. Sounds good right, buy and sell ammo all the time since the prices have gone bananas. The only catch I have is this guy emails me from his work account.......

He is a MD state trooper, works in the Criminal Investigation Bureau- MD Gun Center.... Then he gives me his personal contact info at the end of the email....

So yeah, I typically make sure the guy has a drivers licenses, doesn't seem crazy .... Am I legally responsible to do anything else...

what do you guys think about this... I'm like uhhhhmmmhmmmm...

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    then if all this is good and I can sell it to him.... I'm going to ask him really nicely to move my 32 day hold time for my AR to the top of the list or to process my 7 day old Collectors license ASAP

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Maybe they can't find any ammo so they started using surplus guns to protect the citizen.. Lmao

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Could be all good, but since the good state has us all bent over ready to give us the business, I would tell him no. Sorry.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    I'd be very hesitant to do this deal. On a positive note, I am not a cop and love ammo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    My .02 is that you put it there to sell it and he's offering to buy it so sell it to him.

How many people here email or buy ammo from work these days? It's hard to find and when you find a deal you have to jump on it, he just happens to be a trooper. Conduct your business in a legal manor, collect your money, thank the man and move on.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I don't see what the problem is. ADR Is right. You put it up there for sale and LE are people too like everyone said. You should not just judge someone like that because of their profession. You don't really know the guy and he hasn't said anything that would make you think he planned any illegal activity.

The only restriction on ammo is you must be over 18 to purchase. So just check ID when selling.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    He gave you his info to reassure you. FFS arms list is no different than CL and there are a lot of crazies on CL. Sell it to him, but charge him a ten dollar processing fee and tell him you'll bring him the ammo in a week but then wait a month :)

But seriously he told you he's a cop, what kind of sting operation would start out with that.

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    But seriously he told you he's a cop, what kind of sting operation would start out with that.

Yeah thats what I thought. He did and he's a cop is the Gun Division... CLASSIC... nah, I replied to him and i'll sell some to time... Don't worry all I have a TON of ammo but from what I' found is that the vast majority (60%) of MDshooters want to pay even less than retail when the ammo was cheap. I list something that I pay say 22/cent per round online in the classified and I get numerous people that offer me 10-12/cent per round. So I will continue to post in the classifieds because I do enjoy shooting with fellow Marylanders but I have started just auctioning that stuff off on GB if it sits here too long.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Mods you can go ahead and end this post :thumbsup:

kjf45

Jan 3, 2012
    Catonsville
    Yeah thats what I thought. He did and he's a cop is the Gun Division... CLASSIC... nah, I replied to him and i'll sell some to time... Don't worry all I have a TON of ammo but from what I' found is that the vast majority (60%) of MDshooters want to pay even less than retail when the ammo was cheap. I list something that I pay say 22/cent per round online in the classified and I get numerous people that offer me 10-12/cent per round. So I will continue to post in the classifieds because I do enjoy shooting with fellow Marylanders but I have started just auctioning that stuff off on GB if it sits here too long.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Mods you can go ahead and end this post :thumbsup:

Shit if your selling 7.62x39 for .22 cents a round i'll buy some from you.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    My .02 is that you put it there to sell it and he's offering to buy it so sell it to him.

How many people here email or buy ammo from work these days? It's hard to find and when you find a deal you have to jump on it, he just happens to be a trooper. Conduct your business in a legal manor, collect your money, thank the man and move on.

Better yet, agree to do the transaction at the barracks. If its legal it will fly there for sure.....

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV

+1
    Every LEO I know is just a regular guy and most own guns on a personal level. If the MSP was thinking you were doing something wrong, they would use a hotmail account to try to catch you, not an MSP email address.

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Agree with everything in this post.

"First come, first served" - If it was O'malley or Frosh, then yeah - DECLINED!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom