• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    You should always be vigilant. Was blasting away with my semi 1919a4 with some of my dads reloads, the powder he used made a big flash. Man it did not like wolf primers, to soft. The firing pin drove right thru the primer and when I ejected the round the bullet got stuck in the rifling. The casing looked like it was fired. When I chambered another round the bolt didn't close so I rammed it home again. Luckily my dad has more sense than me and yelled that there might be something in the barrel before I pulled the trigger again.

It does like the Vietnam and WWII surplus tho. :-)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That would be bad..............cant believe anyone has ever called a wolf primer soft though. Thing must have a heck of a firing pin.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    My dads a member but hasn't posted yet, only comes on here when I have bought something I want to show him. His handle is handloader and as you might guess he hand loads a lot.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    metalman, it's great that the incident didn't become as bad as it could have been. We all thank your Dad too! Dad's are good to have in a bazillion ways.

Your post reminded me that day after tomorrow it'll be 10 years since I lost mine. It's hard to believe it's been that long and in many ways he's still here. Hug your Dad, thank him and tell him you love him - every day and every chance you get. You'll be glad you did.

I've seen pics of your 1919a4 before and it's amazing. How the heck did you build it? Inquiring minds are curious and drooling! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom