• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    first of all, 200,000 is a LOT of felons, holy smokes. i guess i'm thinking, aren't there better causes to champion, than to fight for folks that had their chance to be good and yet preyed on society.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    What a dick. Of course, he could have done that on day one in office, but then the legislature would have had time to change the law on him.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    This what happens when a heretofore red state goes blue. I guess there weren't enough dead democrats to guarantee Hillary's coronation. :sad20:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I'm okay with felons regaining their rights, including 2A. However, they must first prove their mistake was a one time deal and they're on the straight and narrow again. Twice convicted - forget it.

Remember, convicted of 80+ MPH in Virginia is considered a felony.

As for McAwful, I guess Hillary is struggling and needs all the votes she can steal...

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    MD Did that same thing except they made it available to every person not currently in prison even if they have not completed their sentence. That allowed 40k new Dems here.
    Governor Hogan Vetoed this bill and the first thing the MGA did is to override his veto.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Suppose to be restored after completing their probation. Future voters! Does this mean they can purchase guns again? Opening up a whole new can of worms.

I got no problem with people who've finished paying their debt to society for their crimes, parole and all, being given their voting rights returned. Firearms and such, well that should be determined with stricter authority. If any part of your crime conviction involved violence, then no. No firearms...ever.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I got no problem with people who've finished paying their debt to society for their crimes, parole and all, being given their voting rights returned. Firearms and such, well that should be determined with stricter authority. If any part of your crime conviction involved violence, then no. No firearms...ever.

What he said

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Yup. This is a nice, political stunt. Fortunately, it's a one time deal. Even more fortunate, it's against the Virginia Constitution, so it may not stand.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yup. This is a nice, political stunt. Fortunately, it's a one time deal. Even more fortunate, it's against the Virginia Constitution, so it may not stand.

As close as this election could be, it's conceivable that 200K in a swing state like Virginia could make the difference. I could see another Florida-esque legal battle in Virginia post-election. Though I somehow doubt the dem carpetbagger attorneys would find as welcome a reception in the Old Dominion as they did in Broward County.

But then again, this election could turn into a Reagan-Carter type Trump runaway victory. That's the general feeling I have on it. (But then again I thought Palin would pull it off for McCain so what do I know ;) )

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Cynically hypocritical stunt is right. During an election year. Including felons convicted of violent crimes with nonviolent. Ask the governor why he didn't restore all rights if these folks are to be considered fine, upstanding members of society.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Planned vote manipulation

As close as this election could be, it's conceivable that 200K in a swing state like Virginia could make the difference. I could see another Florida-esque legal battle in Virginia post-election. Though I somehow doubt the dem carpetbagger attorneys would find as welcome a reception in the Old Dominion as they did in Broward County.

But then again, this election could turn into a Reagan-Carter type Trump runaway victory. That's the general feeling I have on it. (But then again I thought Palin would pull it off for McCain so what do I know ;) )

McAwful was 'elected' to serve Virginia up on a silver platter for Hillary. He's just done for her by executive order what the MD State Senate's 29-18 veto override of SB 340 / HB 980 did here in the PRofMD.

Collusion ... you decide ... especially if The HildeBeast wins.

Attachments

• CgrSsAQUcAE34Sq.jpg
      CgrSsAQUcAE34Sq.jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads