• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Asking $450 for the rifle.

"This rifle (and whoever was holding it) appears to have been hit by an anti-personal grenade or mine. It is in the last stages of being re-arsenaled. Schrapnel (steel BBs) has put round dents in the thick metal receiver, receiver cover, and bolt carrier. There are holes in the thinner magazine metal along with a steel BB still embedded." <----per the website.

http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=32

There are a few photos of the rifle both in and out of the stock. This one image shows some of the damage.

Attachments

• AP Mine Yugo.jpg
      AP Mine Yugo.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 341

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I'm surprised we don't see more stuff like this. I remember a while back someone posted a picture of an Arisaka with a .30 cal bullet lodged in it.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have an SKS (vietnam bringback) that has a bullet hole in the stock and what looks like some shrapnel damage of some sort. Somebody felt the need to put wood putty in the holes though but the bullet hole is very profound and identifiable

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    C'mon Dan, pix or it didn't happen.

Heres the only two pictures I have of the damage, I'll try and take some better ones tomorrow if I'm not spending the entire day drooling over the CZ 82 thats supposed to be delivered.

As you can see, theres a hole about a little larger than a quarter on the left side of the buttstock. You can clearly see a small caliber bullet hole going in through the comb and exiting through. The pictures aren't too good however. There are more spots of damage on the left side that have been wood puttied also that I didn't picture. None on the right side however. Chinese made sks, 1967 manufacture with no import markings.

Attachments

• DSCN2517.jpg
      DSCN2517.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 208
    • DSCN2515.jpg
      DSCN2515.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 303

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    My first SKS was used in the Croation Civil War. It is beat to crap. Wood is banged up, sight hood is half crushed, heavy wear marks everywhere. But despite what looks like extensive use the gun was obviously impeccably maintained. The bore is bright, and the mechanicals are in outstanding shape. The owner obviously took good care of it, as any soldier would of his rifle. I really wish the gun could talk.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    So, if I take my old '56 Chinese SKS and pepper it with BB shot, maybe a .30 cal boolit here or there...it'll go from a shooter to a highly-prized collectible? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom