• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bachra

Feb 13, 2012
    I would like to express my thanks to all of the people who worked so hard to put on the All Navy Matches being held at Quantico this week. I am a first time service rifle competitor and a civilian with no military connections or background. I had a long drive, was alone, and nervous about competing. Entry onto the base is very easy; just show your driver’s license. You do not need top secret security clearance. Captain Ryan and Commander Bartel explained everything that I needed to know in clear and easy to understand instructions. They will put you with experienced personnel and there was always someone close by who was willing to help or answer a question. It does not matter whether you are a nationally ranked competitor, a beginning service rifle competitor, or someone who wants to learn to shoot at longer distances. No one will look down on you. Everyone is treated equally and fairly. The matches are very safe, well organized, and professionally conducted. It was a privilege and honor to compete against the very best. If you are not there to compete, the experience you will gain from having the opportunity to shoot at distances longer than your normal rifle range will make you a better marksman or hunter. I can’t recommend these matches highly enough. This is the first year that civilians have been allowed to compete, and you may not get an opportunity next year. They want civilians to participate. There is a match on Saturday, April 21, 2012. There are many open positions and I can promise you that if you miss this opportunity you will regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom