• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2009
    Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Greetings Maryland Shooters!

Let me give special thanks to the folks who administer and maintain this site. I would also like to thank all of the many people who come onto here making this place a lively and viable place on the web. I only wish I'd found this place sooner.

I am not very good at introductions and I have a tendency to ramble on. For this introduction, I will do my best to condense and highlight some of the more relevant parts of telling you a little bit about me.

BACKGROUND BRIEFING

All of my life I have always had a leaning to public service and public safety. From becoming certified as an EMT at 16, then later volunteering with a local Fire/Rescue company, to joining the United States Marine Corps. My record speaks for itself. Along the way, I've been an officer with several different law enforcement/security agencies. Sometimes I wore a uniform, and eventually many times I did not.

During my years of working for the government, it was a love/hate relationship. I alternated between taking pride in my job and what I did, to being disgusted from what I saw and what I was asked to do. Several years ago I had enough. I saw too must mistreatment and disregard for peoples civil rights and the constitution. I was no longer interested in working for and giving my services to an entity whose actions I could no longer endorse.

As a big, black, intelligent, and often angry man, I've drawn a lot of hostile fire. When you speak your mind and you choose not to look the other way when you see corruption and wrong doing, you soon become a target. Having left government service, I looked forward to building a career as a contract SPECIAL INVESTIGATOR, and I thought I'd also do some consulting, teaching and training.

I got my start in this direction, but I have had to face those who would rather see me just go away. Most recently I've been doing battle with Baltimore City. After repelling two would be robbers with my legally owned firearm, I was arrested on a host of charges. Never mind that I called 911 to report the crime against me, and also informed them that I was armed.

For the enemies of freedom, this is all they needed. The responding officers never asked what my assailants looked like, did not care what direction they were last seen heading, no, what was chief on their mind was that I had a gun. Despite the gun being legal, they tried to trump up all sorts of charges with no evidence, witnesses or proof.

Having spent over 40 days in custody with no bail or being brought before a Commissioner, I now find myself very disillusioned with what now passes as the American system of justice. In a couple weeks I will be on trial for facing felony charges and years in prison. Why, because I dared take a chance at defending myself. Never mind no shots were ever fired. Just having the gun, is enough for these people to view you as an enemy of the state.

Besides living in a neighborhood where many have been killed, including several of my neighbors via home invasion. You can only imagine my shock at responding officers approaching me and rather than ask if I was ok, or something else you would ask a crime victim, the first question was, "why do you have a gun?" Never mind that little thing called the Second Amendment. I guess only the police are entitled to self defense and protecting their lives.

I suppose when you're black and live in the inner city, particularly a high crime area, the authorities would rather you just sit around and wait to be a statistic. Relying on calling 911 AFTER a crime has been committed ensures that at least a report will be written after you been killed. You hope.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about the ******** with BCPD. I hope it gets cleared up and you can file some sort of suit against them. have you contacted the NRA for some assistance? Its sad that in a city that full of crime a lawful citizen cannot protect themselves

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Wow, James, that's an amazing and sad story.

This is stereotypical of the relationship that the citizens have with the government in this state and, despite it being fatally flawed in nature, certain elements within that government continue to dogmatically pursue this ideological disaster.

I wish you strength in the test that lies before you. Please keep us informed and be sure that you document things so that your story can be broadcast to other people such as yourself who are systematically abused by a system of ignorance and, in fact, bigotry.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Norton said it better than I could have. Welcome to the board and I wish you the best of luck.

Jul 1, 2009
    WOW, you guys are fast!

Thank you for the welcome. I should point out, my story is actually far worse than I went into. In doing my best to be brief, which is a continued life long struggle, I left out many details of my continued and prolonged suffering. If I were not so stressed out and disoriented, perhaps I would actually begin to seriously pen a manuscript of what these people have done to me.

The false arrest and related charges have absolutely ruined my career, my family/love life, and my reputation. The level of disgust that I now have, if left unchecked, could utterly consume me. I guess this is what they want. For someone who spent so much time arresting criminals and enforcing the law, to now having to be under court supervision, checking in several times a week in person, and all of the other hassles, for me, it's almost more than I can bear.

Again, I'm new here, and I do not wish to throw a pity party, but I thought it would be relevant to let some people know the reality of gun rights in Baltimore city. Even less than lethal Tasers and stun guns are illegal here. How is anyone supposed to protect themselves from the thugs that reign like kings of the streets?

Despite what may be said by folks like Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld; about how they're going after "bad guys with guns." I for one can tell you, this is a bunch of bull! They're going after ANYONE with guns who do not look, think or act like them. Constitution be damned.

In closing, I will say, it's not easy being me. Too many urban blacks have been fooled and brainwashed into the gun control agenda. After decades of being ravaged by senseless violence, hypocritical, self promoting politicians and government officials have convinced my people that guns, in all it's forms including legal ownership are to blame for our problems. So as a vocal gun advocate, I am often at odds, and not readily accepted by my own people. They see me as a crazy n*gger!

On the other hand, many who make up gun rights organizations have a hard time accepting someone like me. For years we were not welcomed or encouraged to be part of things. Many still view a black man with a gun as an automatic threat. Someone to be watched closely and kept an eye on. The stereo type of having a higher than normal propensity for violence is continually propagated, despite reams of scientific evidence and statistics to the contrary.

As a person proud of his race, and sickened by how so many of his people have been treated historically in our land, but also proud of this country and the good parts of our history, a lot of white folks see me as a militant radical. So in the end, I end up being backed up by no one, and therefore an easy target of the government and all who desire to strip us of our God given rights. And I must say, I firmly believe the right to protect my life, and those of my loved ones, and those of the innocent is a God given right, and I will fight to the death to maintain it. It's not easy folks.

Last edited:

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Welcome! and kick-a** blog....

Your story holds in it a lesson to all of us, don't get complacent....

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wow, just wow.

I am proud you have come to join our community, your story, your service and your bravery in the face of opression are inspirational.

Jeremy

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Welcome leatherneck!

Sorry to hear about your situation, remember what you were taught, adapt and overcome.

Is your entire story in your blog? I'm just thinking there has to be much more to this than what you are telling us in this introduction

Jul 1, 2009
    Not sure what the rules about plugs are here, but I also produce/co-host a daily talk show on 1010AM WOLB. At nights I host my own show. Like my website, the focus is politics, crime and grime. In Baltimore there seems to be a strange interrelationship between the three. I'd love to dedicate a regular weekly segment or so to gun rights/gun ownership.

What do you folks say? Would anyone be interested in being the regular featured guest/caller to speak on this issue? Could just be an update on coming events, shows, rallies, legislation, etc. It also doesn't have to be the same person every time.

Just a thought. I'd love your feedback. And if I've stepped outta line by promoting my show, forgive me.

Tonight's show is going to be a bit off beat, so it won't be a good example or what things are normally like. To anyone interested in calling in to a live broadcast or listening to previous shows, here's the homepage for my radio program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom