• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ouch I can buy a hydra with multiple barrels/configurations for that.

$$ for $$ Id go 9mm Tavor first.

Though its good to see guns at least making it to market.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    IMO, the Colt mag kills the look and the price kills the rest.

Its still really cool. I like 9mm carbines and its good to see one in an AK platform. But right now, not something I would put money on.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I like my AKs a lot and appreciate the effort it took to put this together - but I just cannot see that kind of money going into a 9mm blowback carbine. The price point is just way out there.

Think about some of the other stuff you could buy with that much cash. Then think about the fact that a Hi-Point carbine gives you essentially the same thing. Yes, I'd much rather have this - but not at 10x the price. It just doesn't compute.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    The AKX-9 Carbine would be legal in Maryland as a Cash n Carry rifle.

akx9rifle-2.jpg

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    As much as I like the Atlantic guys, this to me is a $600-700 gun. The price and features are just really out of sync.

Yeah, cause the mass amount of money that went into R&D and machining development should all be paid for by a bottom dollar rifle euh...
    As much as it might be a little pricey I think its fair. I'm just happy that it doesn't use something stupid like Block mags to feed it and since the stock mages are cheap I like it better than H&K mag.
    MD legal....I'm in!

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    What would the OAL be of the side folder version with the barrel extension removed? Would it be GTG as a SBR in Marylandistan, or would you have to pin and weld a muzzle device?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    A $1600 AK22. Why, when there are so many others in the $350-$500 range.

That's what I meant by my statement.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    A $1600 AK22. Why, when there are so many others in the $350-$500 range.

That's what I meant by my statement.

Well it's not a .22, It's a 9mm... Try to find a pistol caliber carbine Ak in the United States, there is none. This is the only game in town... The mag adapter, feed ramp, mag release, bolt hold open, are just a few parts that were designed from scratch. Mating all these parts together to run on a standard AK receiver/trunnion (which they were never designed to work on) with consistent predictable and reliable results was a feat to say the least. That RD, that CAD programming (the rights to such programming), development, all costs real cash. If this was a surplus rifle it would cost about $650, but it's not. I didn't even mention the barrel........

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Wayne1one, can you give me a measure on that beauty? I was thinking about the folding stock variant, but how would this fair against the OAL if I were to try and SBR it?

ETA-what would the length be once you remove the barrel extension? What about a measure from the rear trunnion to the front of the barrel(with extension removed)?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well it's not a .22, It's a 9mm... Try to find a pistol caliber carbine Ak in the United States, there is none. This is the only game in town... The mag adapter, feed ramp, mag release, bolt hold open, are just a few parts that were designed from scratch. Mating all these parts together to run on a standard AK receiver/trunnion (which they were never designed to work on) with consistent predictable and reliable results was a feat to say the least. That RD, that CAD programming (the rights to such programming), development, all costs real cash. If this was a surplus rifle it would cost about $650, but it's not. I didn't even mention the barrel........

My bad then. I was thinking it was another 22 AK.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Wayne1one, can you give me a measure on that beauty? I was thinking about the folding stock variant, but how would this fair against the OAL if I were to try and SBR it?

ETA-what would the length be once you remove the barrel extension? What about a measure from the rear trunnion to the front of the barrel(with extension removed)?
    I will take some measurements and get back to you tonight.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I can't remove the extension at this time, but I was able to estimate where the barrel stopped. It measures 18.5" from rear trunnion to the end of the barrel. The triangle folder probably won't work, but Magpul's new AK stock should work. Also the Rifle Dynamics AKM4 stock adapter and AR type stock should get you to the correct OAL.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Thanks.

Hopefully someone from Atlantic will chime in with length regarding the triangle folder. Or of course maybe MSP will get their heads out of their asses and get rid of the stupid OAL/SBR issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom