• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Maryland firearm laws from FSA'13 are so fudged up that I wouldn't be surprised if one argued that a permanently attached 2" barrel extension is considered a flash hider... Technically the barrel extension would hide a muzzle flash 2" beyond the muzzle. :sad20:

This is why I have been leary of having anymore group build parties. The last thing I need is for someone to build something even remotely questionable and I get charged with conspiring to build a FSA'13 banned configuration firearm. :sad20:

Last edited:

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Well, I was thinking that since you can only have one "Evil" feature, if you had a brake (not FH), couldn't you then have a folding stock? Or is the pistol grip considered an evil feature too?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Well, I was thinking that since you can only have one "Evil" feature, if you had a brake (not FH), couldn't you then have a folding stock? Or is the pistol grip considered an evil feature too?

That is correct and

Pistol grip is not evil

Flash hider
    Folding stock
    Grenade launcher
    They're evil:evilgrin3

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Anyone here use a Bulgarian 4pc Booster?

I was considering it for my SBR build, but see it referred to as a flash hider, brake and of course booster. Ugh.

Attachments

• 23901-1.jpg
      23901-1.jpg
      3.1 KB · Views: 350

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My apologies for the thread necro, but I am considering purchasing an AK47 pistol to SBR. I tried the search function, but clearly I am lacking in my search skills. Does anyone have a recommended build to ensure I hit the magic 29"+ OAL? I am sure an IP will be able to help me out when the time comes to purchase, but I wanted to ask here before I head to the stores. I have a Vz58, so I wouldn't be adding new ammo to my stockpile, just new mags. I do already have an AK74 pattern rifle (arsenal SLR 104fr), so I would be willing to consider a 5.45 74 pattern pistol for mag and ammo commonality.

My preference would be side folding stock, so I'm probably stuck with a muzzle brake vs a flash hider (also who wants to suppress the glorious flash of a short barrel AK)? If I lived in a perfect world, the barrel length would be enough that I didn't have to pin a muzzle device or add to the length of pull to make 29". Alternatively I would be willing to go with normal wood furniture in a non-side folding form factor if it got me to the proper OAL without pinning a "flash hider."

My extremely tactical goal for this rifle would be to put a big stupid grin on my face, what with all the dragon breath coming out the front of the gun when I fire it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Bump. Going to listen in on suggestions to FBI surveillance van's inquiry, incl which AK-47 pistols to start with. I've noted a number of options on the Atlantic Firearms website.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    G A L I L A C E 7 . 6 2 x 3 9 P i s t o l

:innocent0
    That would be a great option for most. I would prefer an AK due to it being much more lefty friendly. I have shot the ACE before, and I did not find it to be particularly enjoyable to operate operationally (use).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Galil ACE is definitely the nicest AK you can get, excepting maybe a Galil SAR or one of the non-banned Valmets.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    G A L I L A C E 7 . 6 2 x 3 9 P i s t o l

:innocent0
    Lol, you're consistent. Not an AK-47 pistol of course, and definitely not cheap. One would think that selling a $500-600 AK-47 pistol in the US wouldn't be that hard to achieve as there is a market (incl those that buy SKS rifles, the VZ-2008, etc), but the options in that price range seem to be pretty limited (from my brief investigation).

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    20170807_121922 (1).jpg 20170807_121922 (1).jpg
    My apologies for the thread necro, but I am considering purchasing an AK47 pistol to SBR. I tried the search function, but clearly I am lacking in my search skills. Does anyone have a recommended build to ensure I hit the magic 29"+ OAL? I am sure an IP will be able to help me out when the time comes to purchase, but I wanted to ask here before I head to the stores. I have a Vz58, so I wouldn't be adding new ammo to my stockpile, just new mags. I do already have an AK74 pattern rifle (arsenal SLR 104fr), so I would be willing to consider a 5.45 74 pattern pistol for mag and ammo commonality.

My preference would be side folding stock, so I'm probably stuck with a muzzle brake vs a flash hider (also who wants to suppress the glorious flash of a short barrel AK)? If I lived in a perfect world, the barrel length would be enough that I didn't have to pin a muzzle device or add to the length of pull to make 29". Alternatively I would be willing to go with normal wood furniture in a non-side folding form factor if it got me to the proper OAL without pinning a "flash hider."

My extremely tactical goal for this rifle would be to put a big stupid grin on my face, what with all the dragon breath coming out the front of the gun when I fire it.
    This is mine, I am really enjoy it, and I don't have to :party29:worry about OAL

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Lol, you're consistent. Not an AK-47 pistol of course, and definitely not cheap. One would think that selling a $500-600 AK-47 pistol in the US wouldn't be that hard to achieve as there is a market (incl those that buy SKS rifles, the VZ-2008, etc), but the options in that price range seem to be pretty limited (from my brief investigation).

Worse, I have passed it on. Know how hard it is to get a kid to practice with a 22 when they've shot something like post #56?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    If anyone is looking for an AK SBR, we have a Yugo M92 Krinkov in stock ready for transfer. Built using a mint Yugo kit, not from a pistol all original Yugo parts with exception of rcvr and 922R compliance parts. Stop by our shop on Wednesday evening to check it out. I'll post pics this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom