• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Anyone seen or used this yet? It's from CAA, I know it's not a side folder but looks good.

0C6305B5-6200-4CA4-9676-B3DD7B2A18F7-9449-00000F515D6F0738_zpsb0a3403a.jpg

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    CAA is....mediocre quality at best.

Sadly, it's the only option for a lotta stuff.

I stay away.

I hear ya. But I'm stuck between the UF and an AR upper right now, one of them has to go. I'd rather have the AK over the AR upper if I can make the UF more comfortable to shoot but on the other hand I perfer the AR platform, but most of them have feeding issues.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Bottom line-if you dont plan on leaving MD anytime soon you're going to have to suck it up and live with the underfolder.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Get a '74-style brake for it (make sure you get one for 7.62 rifles, threaded 14x1LH) and try that first. They actually *REALLY* work on reducing felt recoil.

I have one I'd be willing to let you borrow if you want. If it works, you can give me mine back and then get your own for about 20 bucks. ;)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/45...brake-m14x10-lh-thread-ak-47-ak-74-steel-blue

I have one on my triangle folder 7.62 gun, and it's quite nice.

There are also some other comps/brakes out there for the AK rifles that are supposed to be very effective as well, but the 74-style is the only one with which I have personal experience (and have readily available to loan temporarily to see if it'll work for you). the ak forum (add a .net to those three words put together) has more info on those models.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Get a '74-style brake for it (make sure you get one for 7.62 rifles, threaded 14x1LH) and try that first. They actually *REALLY* work on reducing felt recoil.

I have one I'd be willing to let you borrow if you want. If it works, you can give me mine back and then get your own for about 20 bucks. ;)

Appreicate the offer, I'll be in contact if I decide to go that route.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    This!

Out of all the AKs: a traditional stock is the best (form, fit, & function), underfolders are just another anchor point on the body, while folding stocks are a good comprimose..
    yea, and try shooting one in very cold weather. Don't put your tongue on an underfolder stock:D

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    yea, and try shooting one in very cold weather. Don't put your tongue on an underfolder stock:D

it doesn't get cold enough in maryland to worry about.

and before anyone gets all whiny and says "garrett county", first take a moment to reach down, make sure you still have testicles, and remember you're talking to a native iowan who hunts regularly in iowa, western nebraska, and south dakota. garrett county might as well be hawaii. :innocent0

i have yet to wear more than a hooded sweatshirt when I go out.....when i'm in uniform, I *MIGHT* have a waffle shirt on under my ABU's. but even that's a *BIG* maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom