• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Yep. Savagely bad. If someone wants to train on the AK, I'd recommend this course in Pittsburgh in June. I'd be all over it but am already signed up for a Kyle Defoor class that same weekend. I've trained twice with Mike and regard him as one of the best instructors out there. And he won't shoot next to your head! Notice that he used an AK professionally and also trained with the real Spetsnaz.

Mike Pannone 1-Day Kalashnikov Class - June 26, 2016 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This course covers everything you want to be able to do with an AK: zero, shooting drills, malfunction clearance, maintenance and accessories. Many of the drills will be familiar to my standard carbine course but tweaked for the different platform. The curriculum is based on my experience training with Soviet pattern weapons nearly every day for 6 months prior to the Spetsnaz Competition in 1997 and my use of them in Iraq in 2003-04. It references the AK Handbook I wrote and classes I teach to high level Army and Navy specialized SOF assets. This is a shooting course for AK pattern guns not an aficionado’s course and those attending should expect to shoot at the distance limits of the range given appropriate targetry. It capitalizes on the skills, drills and experience I have acquired using these guns as a primary weapon for training, competition and combat.

Instructor: Mike Pannone

Class dates: June 26, 2016

Cost: $275

Range:

Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen Club
    505 Mosside Blvd
    North Versailles, PA 15137

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
    - Kalashnikov variant, VZ-58, ETC.
    - Minimum of four magazines and equipment to carry them in an operational configuration (belt, vest, or armor is fine)
    - Cleaning equipment
    - Eyes and ears
    - Weather appropriate attire and nothing offensive (nothing you would feel oddwearing in front of mom)
    - Ammo: 400 rounds

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    OK, I was able to watch it via the wife's FB. Yeah, I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone standing behind me discharging their rifle. Definitely not cool. But again, this didn't happen in my class and I didn't see the Dima's in that video. The class I took in TN was well run and I didn't witness any range safety issues over the course of two days. Maybe Rob was trying to show off for the Atlantic crew?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    OK, I was able to watch it via the wife's FB. Yeah, I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone standing behind me discharging their rifle. Definitely not cool. But again, this didn't happen in my class and I didn't see the Dima's in that video. The class I took in TN was well run and I didn't witness any range safety issues over the course of two days. Maybe Rob was trying to show off for the Atlantic crew?

If so, then he should've made damned sure no one was taking video. This one is all over the net (that's how I found it....it appeared on my Facebook feed where others were mocking it), and its making them look like lunatics.

And there are many ways to "show off" without putting everyone's safety in danger.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    If so, then he should've made damned sure no one was taking video. This one is all over the net (that's how I found it....it appeared on my Facebook feed where others were mocking it), and its making them look like lunatics.

And there are many ways to "show off" without putting everyone's safety in danger.

I agree. Keep in mind that the class I attended was taught by the Center-T guys - Rob was NOT an instructor (he helped organize and manned the spotting scope). Reid was also just a student and not an instructor. I seriously doubt that the Russian Dima's would have tolerated this. Rob is a YT star, not Spetsnaz. The Center-T guys are legit and I thought they were good instructors (considering the language difficulties). I don't think it's fair to lump them in with Rob's video antics.

This is much more typical of what the class was like:

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    There are only 3 videos posted on their front page of facebook. IIRC it is the first (left side) video.
    I can't post video, but here's a screenshot of the video.

I found it and OMG that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. . .:sad20:
    Personally I would have walked out and demanded a refund.

For some reason the link posted previously was taking me to an alternate format of facebook and there wasn't a videos link. Ah! Its a link to mobile facebook and Im using a laptop with a standard browser, that's why it was messed up. I navigated there from my own facebook homepage and found the video.

I still want to take a class at Reids new place. He has an amazing location and range set up that isn't to far away from southern Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom