• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I've been wanting to take this class for a while now and Rob is finally offering one in eastern TN - meaning it's drivable.

http://shop.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/Training_c6.htm

I've registered, and figured others might be interested as well. There seem to be very few AK-specific classes and it looks like he brings in some top-notch instructors.

Let me know if you register. Maybe we can carpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Is this the class where the instructor shoots his AK into the ground 6 inches from your face when you're prone?

I prefer to not die when I train, as I'd like to be available for the real fight, should it occur. Link below, then click on videos:

https://m.facebook.com/AkOperatorsUnion/

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Is this the class where the instructor shoots his AK into the ground 6 inches from your face when you're prone?

I prefer to not die when I train, as I'd like to be available for the real fight, should it occur. Link below, then click on videos:

https://m.facebook.com/AkOperatorsUnion/

What, you're not a super tactical operator???;)

Attachments

• supertroopers.jpg
      supertroopers.jpg
      10.7 KB · Views: 327

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    BTW, BSR (see my write up on the carbine class) will train with AK. The guys there are very knowledgeable about the AK.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    Somebody really thought this was a good idea.That's as bad as the guy rolling out of the Tacoma and shooting upside down. You should balance realism with safety. That's all realism and zero safety.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    It's god awful.

People can train with who they'd like to, but if I wanted to take an AK specific class, I'd stick to Vickers, Pannone, even SI before this nonsense.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Some people just don't feel tacti-cool unless they are doing something stupid because they think "real operators" do it that way. We all know douche bags like this, I'm sure.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I have never heard of either Reid or Rob shooting near any of their students. Rob does do a lot of goofy torture tests on firearms on his youtube channel that are fun to watch. Note: the only video I saw at the provided link was one about a SVD Dragunov which I will watch when I get off work bec that is one sweet rifle. The link just took me to their facebook feed.

If you have a direct link to the shooting near a students head while they are prone please provide a direct link because now I am curious (quick google didn't yield anything).

Rob Ski (AK Operators Union) is ex military (both in his home country Poland and here in the US, Army). I have read good things on his classes but Im not all that interested in taking an AK specific class.

Brief Rob bio/interview:
    http://www.hawaiireporter.com/on-ta...der-ak-operators-union-local-47-74-part-1/123

Reid Henrichs is an ex Marine (where he was a designated marksmen instructor among other things), police officer and high school history teacher and broke away from Tactical Response (for unstated reasons but I suspect it was over philosophical differences) and started his own training company in West Virginia called Valor Ridge. I cant link his bio bec his site is blocked at my work. :lol2: I hope to drive over to Valor Ridge for a class next spring/summer. His rifle 1 goes out to 300 yards and rifle 2 goes out to 600 yards.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    There are only 3 videos posted on their front page of facebook. IIRC it is the first (left side) video.
    I can't post video, but here's a screenshot of the video.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I have never heard of either Reid or Rob shooting near any of their students. Rob does do a lot of goofy torture tests on firearms on his youtube channel that are fun to watch. Note: the only video I saw at the provided link was one about a SVD Dragunov which I will watch when I get off work bec that is one sweet rifle. The link just took me to their facebook feed.

If you have a direct link to the shooting near a students head while they are prone please provide a direct link because now I am curious (quick google didn't yield anything).

Rob Ski (AK Operators Union) is ex military (both in his home country Poland and here in the US, Army). I have read good things on his classes but Im not all that interested in taking an AK specific class.

Brief Rob bio/interview:
    http://www.hawaiireporter.com/on-ta...der-ak-operators-union-local-47-74-part-1/123

Reid Henrichs is an ex Marine (where he was a designated marksmen instructor among other things), police officer and high school history teacher and broke away from Tactical Response (for unstated reasons but I suspect it was over philosophical differences) and started his own training company in West Virginia called Valor Ridge. I cant link his bio bec his site is blocked at my work. :lol2: I hope to drive over to Valor Ridge for a class next spring/summer. His rifle 1 goes out to 300 yards and rifle 2 goes out to 600 yards.

Blaster said it. The video is on their Facebook feed under "videos", so i have no way to direct link it. And it appears to be the guy you mentioned, as he seems to have Eastern European accent.

In this day and age where there is no shortage of people with real world experience with training schools, I do not feel the need to train with yahoos like this.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    The trainers were perfectly professional and no one shot at the students :sad20: . I felt like I learned a lot - Eastern stance, positions, rifle manipulation and techniques are somewhat different, and as a fan of the AK platform, I appreciated learning from men that rely on the AK as their primary platform. Reid's place is nice, but still a work in progress, and the guys from Center T were top notch (even if one of the Dima's didn't speak English).

There were also several current US military members in the class. As a civilian, I found some of the stories were pretty interesting!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011

Brief Rob bio/interview:

Rob is currently in the NG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom