• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat7810

Aug 10, 2013
    Just got my self two ak receivers. A nodak nds1 ez and a nds2ez? Just wondering the build process to finish these. Can someone point me to some good writeups and some good parts sites. Thanks.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    locate trunnion holes. drill trunnion holes. rivet in trigger guard and rear trunnion. leave the front trunnion out for now.

press barrel into front trunnion, using the bolt and go/no-go headspace gauges to set proper headspace. once barrel is properly headspaced, drill for the barrel pin. Press barrel out of front trunnion, and rivet front trunnion into receiver (it's easier to leave the front trunnion out until you have barrel headspaced; consider that a 'lesson learned' from the build parties and trying to press a barrel back out a few thou that just ever-so-slightly was pressed too far in when trying to headspace it). press barrel back into front trunnion, then press in the barrel pin.

if barrel is not yet populated, populate it now. press on rear sight, slide lower handguard retainer on, press on gas block (use gas tube in place on rear sight to help align), press on front sight.

drill rsb, gb, and fsb with 3mm/4mm bits for retaining pins; drive them through. on the front sight, don't forget to insert the spring and detent for muzzle devices before driving the front retainer pin through.

assemble the rest of your parts. commence to pew.

Tomcat7810

Aug 10, 2013

Ok great, thanks. Any good websites for some affordable parts kits. Also some good builds I should follow?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Has anyone actually got one of the .22LR kits to run? I want to build one badly but I don't want to waste my last receiver and the money if they can't be made reliable.

Also I have heard lots of issues with missing parts in the kits.

bigd1979

Sep 26, 2013
    hagerstown
    I have one of the kits really nice condition and everything is there . Got my receiver ak 74 flat bent last weekend hope to stert building it soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom